New Vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by OfficialFBomb, Aug 4, 2017.

1. OfficialFBomb
    OP

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Has anyone bought a black new in box vita and got anything higher then 3.60? I have been on ebay and people just do not take care of there consoles, they all look like some over weight Doritos cheese hand mofo has spend the last 200 hours playing cod with one. I see quite a few new ones. And i know the silver and red are 3.61 but is there a chance one of the black ones can be? I assume there all old stock and should not have anything over 3.60

2. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    I bought a new one a couple of weeks ago off of Amazon. It had 3.55.
    It was from third party seller with "florida" or something or other in the name. Not sure if that makes any difference. I'm sure there are tons of extra Pre-3.60 consoles out there.

3. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I currently have a competition on this site to win a pstv with 3.60 and enso installed

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    All brand new Vita's sans the 2 latest Slim colors from JP released on December 2016 are guaranteed to have 3.60 or lower on them.

If you want to be 100% sure, buy a brand new black OLED or Slim version, it'll 100% be on 3.60 or lower.

5. OfficialFBomb
    OP

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Thanks guys, i know the Vita sticky had this info but i just wanted to make sure before hand make sure nothing had changed lol