New Vegas HELP!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by The Milkman, Feb 13, 2012.

Feb 13, 2012

New Vegas HELP! by The Milkman at 12:55 AM (315 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. The Milkman
    OP

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Ok, so I just downloaded Fallout New Vegas from Steam last night and I wake up to play it, however, when ever I start up the game it crashes before it even gets to the start up video. I have an old PC but it met the requirements and I really want to play this game. I downloaded it from Steam and I tryed to verify the files to make sure. It came up saying it only missed one but it still crashes on start up. Im running XP. Just ask and ill send you the error report also.

What I have tryed so far:
    -Changing compadibility (for some reason I dont have XP as and option so I just changed it around a few times)
    -Turning off Steam Community
    -Used the direct launcher (the EXE not a steam link)
    -Verifying the copy

Please help :C

2. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    I never had a problem like that with my Fallout 3 or New Vegas, but then again, they were both physical copies...
    You should try uninstalling the game and re-download it, it could've had some issue with the download since it happens sometimes..

Also, this link here has some of the common crashes that you might find in New Vegas, see if it's any of those mentioned there (seeing as you're using XP, and I use 7, dunno if the problem might be related to that).

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Check on the steam forums to see if it's a common problem. If it is, there will be ways around it.

Common fixes include updating graphics drivers, directX and .net, renaming/deleting the files for the opening cinematics, reinstalling/downloading, and scanning your HDD for file system errors/bad clusters.

4. The Milkman
    OP

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Ive checked out pretty much all the sites for solving it and they all say to run it in compadiblity mode for XP but I dont have that choicer when selecting in compadibity mode all I have is 2000, NT, and 98 uand I tryed validating my files multiple times and it still doesnt work, and I just reintalled last night and its STILL not working.

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Did you try renaming the intro cinematic files?