New User Help

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lucifon, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

New User Help by lucifon at 6:40 PM (529 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. lucifon

Newcomer lucifon Member

Apr 4, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I just ordered my DSi along with an R4i cart from I've got the 1.53 R4i Kernel from ready.

I was wondering what tips people could give me? Will most games run from the getgo with that or is there something else I should do?

I've read about an updated cheatfile to get and put in the system folder which I have the page ready to do so. Also I heard about YSMenu but am not sure what it is, how to get it, or if its really worth it.

I'm a complete newbie to the DS flash scene. I originally had a phat DS back near launch but sold it pretty quickly. Now with their being quite a few good games I'd like to play and the positive comments about the DSi I thought I'd take the plunge.

Any help, tips, or pointing in the right direction really appreciated
  2. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Mar 23, 2009
    your moms jeans pocket
    ysmenu is a firmware for r4 that yasu made since r4 wast making any more new firmwares....ysmenu lets u play new games that came out and it lets u play homebrew.....ysmenu gets updated more often ...theres a guide on how to make on this web and its easy to make...