Status
Not open for further replies.

Manlydonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta admit, this update caught me by surprise. Bummed to hear how fast Fasthax was patched after all the effort put into it. Nintendo is usually so slow on these things.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a complete idiot. I read all of this and sounds like another language to me. I have the new 3ds last month I followed this guide https://3ds.guide/ while watching a youtube video where the guy had uploaded a zip file with everything I needed. I'm guessing by fact that it says A complete guide to 3DS custom firmware,
from stock to arm9loaderhax. and I have a thing called luma on my 3ds I'm good to update?
I have a bunch of cias and custom themes I made myself and emulators fbi chmm2 and freeshop all should still work right?
when I load luma it says 6.6 ...........(dev)
latest ver (githud) 6..6
latest hourly 88db5940

should I install normal or latest hourly and then do the 11.3 update?
again I'm a complete idiot and have no idea what any of these words actually mean. I just know I followed the video and then I was able to install roms called cias.
if you want reply yes stupid your safe/notsafe to update I'm fine with that

same not exactly sure what i should update first, what to run first, etc before updating and/or what is there that i can loose besides that NDS games booting thing

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright everyone! I can now confirm that Gateway 3DS CFW does NOT work on 11.3, I repeat, it does NOT work on 11.3. So you'll need to keep your emuNAND on 11.2 or earlier. Please don't update, until the Gateway team release a new update for the Launcher.dat file.

I'm a complete idiot. I read all of this and sounds like another language to me. I have the new 3ds last month I followed this guide https://3ds.guide/ while watching a youtube video where the guy had uploaded a zip file with everything I needed. I'm guessing by fact that it says A complete guide to 3DS custom firmware,
from stock to arm9loaderhax. and I have a thing called luma on my 3ds I'm good to update?
I have a bunch of cias and custom themes I made myself and emulators fbi chmm2 and freeshop all should still work right?
when I load luma it says 6.6 ...........(dev)
latest ver (githud) 6..6
latest hourly 88db5940

should I install normal or latest hourly and then do the 11.3 update?
again I'm a complete idiot and have no idea what any of these words actually mean. I just know I followed the video and then I was able to install roms called cias.
if you want reply yes stupid your safe/notsafe to update I'm fine with that
Don't worry, 11.3 works fine on Luma3DS and it's safe to update using Luma3DS. It's just that anything that relies on fasthax won't work.
Does gw cfw still works? (not a9lh, just gw)
I just checked and it does NOT work and will just go to a black screen. Sorry.

If you want to use Gateway, please keep your emuNAND on 11.2 until the Gateway team release an update.
Does FBI need an update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I checked it, and does it work? Yes it does!

I haven't checked the 3dsx version though, but I'd say it would work.

RJCline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent upgraded my 3ds yet. im still on 11.2.0-35u. Is it safe to start the decrypt9+arm9+luma 3ds process? Or do i have to wait. i was literally starting the process to hack my ds when i found out the new firmware is out.

Trophies
Country
Canada
i havent upgraded my 3ds yet. im still on 11.2.0-35u. Is it safe to start the decrypt9+arm9+luma 3ds process? Or do i have to wait. i was literally starting the process to hack my ds when i found out the new firmware is out.
If you have Luma 6.6 you're safe....
This has been asked a billion times already and people can't seem to learn to read other people's post for the answer.
It's quite irritating.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

RJCline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been asked a billion times already and people can't seem to learn to read other people's post for the answer.
It's quite irritating.

I don't think you understood my question. Lemme rephrase. I dont have CFW on my 3ds yet. Only homebrew I was just about to install arm9 and luma from https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher) when i seen there was an update.

Edit: i basically just want to know if im ok to begin the process of putting CFW on my 3ds even though theres a new update out. Again i have not upgraded to 11.3. I'm still on 11.2.0-35u

Last edited by RJCline,
Trophies
Country
Canada
yes I am.
Follow the 3ds.guide and it will make you download the latest releases of the necessary files you need.
Then once you've set up your 3ds with luma and arm9, you will be good as golden to update to 11.3
I am sincerely sorry for the little bit of miscommunication.

Reactions: RJCline

RJCline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the 3ds.guide and it will make you download the latest releases of the necessary files you need.
Then once you've set up your 3ds with luma and arm9, you will be good as golden to update to 11.3
I am sincerely sorry for the little bit of miscommunication.

You're ok, thank you for your help.

Reactions: OfficialBrony
Trophies
Country
Canada
i already updated,the githubs latest release page is this?

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.6

it's the same version i have i installed it 2 months ago.
Yes. The commits are the reason why it's says it's from November 2016, but the dev always puts the hourly release in the bin file of 6.6.
Commits tells githubs when it was released, not if files in that release has been updated.
Any who, you said you've updated Luma, correct?
You are now safe to update.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
yes,i updated luma and the 3DS too.
i updated the normal version on luma not the hourly release(i used luma updated).
maybe it's the same.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's quite irritating.

it's not that we're not reading, just confusing for people who are less tech literate and not understand the process.

Trophies
Country
Canada
it's not that we're not reading, just confusing for people who are less tech literate and not understand the process.
Yes but if you read other users post saying update to the latest Luma before updating to 11.3, what's the point on asking if you blaintly just read the answer?

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If I could halucinAte this is what I imagine it would look like?