Hacking New "unmoddable" Wii

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My brother in law just bought a Wii with serail LEF1213....
On the Wii was System Menu 3.4 and he updatet it to 4.0.

First things first, I ran notDVDX34 for setting the version of IOS35 to 0 --> Success
Removed DVDX Gift with NandClean --> Success
Installed IOS35-64-v1040.wad with Wad Manager 1.4 --> Success
I ran Patchmii IOS Downgrader but it hung --> No success

I played a bit with the source and it seems to hangs at IOS_ReloadIOS(35). It does so when its the first statement in the main function but also at other places in code (just played around a bit). If I change the reload to 36 it works but we cant install a custom IOS that way. IOS_ReloadIOS(35) also works when IOS35 is up to date.
Is this some check that checks whether the IOS has the trucha bug or something or does anyone else have a smart suggestion for me?

I also searched the net a little for this new serial but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

It's a PAL Wii with 4.0E btw.

(A question mark is missing in the topic title
tongue.gif
)

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bannerbomb was used. My brother in law already used hackinstaller when he was on 3.4E and installed HBC and DVDX.
Next thing in line was installing a custom IOS as 249 so we can move on from there. Problem is that IOS_ReloadIOS(35) isn't working. Not in Patchmii IOS Downgrader nor in notDVDX32 -> Patchmii (second option).

(btw Wconnect24 is disabled)

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scarfish said:
My brother in law just bought a Wii with serail LEF1213....
On the Wii was System Menu 3.4 and he updatet it to 4.0.

First things first, I ran notDVDX34 for setting the version of IOS35 to 0 --> Success
Removed DVDX Gift with NandClean --> Success
Installed IOS35-64-v1040.wad with Wad Manager 1.4 --> Success
I ran Patchmii IOS Downgrader but it hung --> No success

I played a bit with the source and it seems to hangs at IOS_ReloadIOS(35). It does so when its the first statement in the main function but also at other places in code (just played around a bit). If I change the reload to 36 it works but we cant install a custom IOS that way. IOS_ReloadIOS(35) also works when IOS35 is up to date.
Is this some check that checks whether the IOS has the trucha bug or something or does anyone else have a smart suggestion for me?

I also searched the net a little for this new serial but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

It's a PAL Wii with 4.0E btw.

(A question mark is missing in the topic title
tongue.gif
)

These are the exact symptoms of an "unsoftmoddable" LU64+ Wii. Search for the solution to the LU64+ issue. It involves using BootMii IOS and cboot2 to install cIOS.

EDIT: Oh and you can reinstall IOS35 v3092 or perform a system update to restore your original IOS35. Your system won't be able to use v1040.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Call your Wii "LU64+" or "unsoftmoddable", it's no surprise that a new Wii can't use the IOS35 downgrade. Whatever you do, install a proper IOS35 NOW, or else something won't work.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
out of curiosity, what is new in those LU64 Wii ? Is this something within the original IOS (that do additional check on IOS reload) or something deeper ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jacobeian said:
out of curiosity, what is new in those LU64 Wii ? Is this something within the original IOS (that do additional check on IOS reload) or something deeper ?

It could be some function inside the IOS that is no longer supported by the hardware. Installation of everything on these Wiis is fine, just running old IOS and cIOS based on them seems to fail. And IOS that only consist of one module(IOS16), seem still to work.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bonus points to Troy for linking them to a guide saying to do exactly what they're complaining they can't do.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TroyTheZombie said:
lol, yeah, my bad. I misread the first post.

Sorry, but that does not matter. You don't throw IOS35 downgrade guides anymore at peoples' heads. Everybody thinking of himself to know enough to give advises should know about LU64+ Wiis and that people with these Wiis 1. don't tell that they have one of them, and 2. ignore all warnings about it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TroyTheZombie said:
lol, i didn't catch the LU64/unmodable part. kinda what I meant by I misread.

Like i said, that does not matter. Stop throwing IOS35 downgrade guides at people. Most people are too stuid to realize that that WEIRD text about LU64+ could be about their Wiis. And others are too stupid to realize this fact.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
um, kinda the only time I've ever posted one, and i removed it as soon as I realized my error.

Seriously, calm down just a wee bit there buddy. I fucked up. I admit that, chill. It was caught before the topic creator even read it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, but it's just that lots of people here give advises without knowing enough about the topic. Trying to help is nice and i want to encourage everybody to do that. But if you think something might work, tell that you think that it might work and not tell like "This is the solution use it!". I know i myself don't always act like this, but i try.

GBAtemp is one of the few few sites where you get some at least partly reliable informations when you ask for them. If you knew more and would see other sites, you would have headaches too when looking at them. (and i think team twizzers feels this way about GBAtemp...)

BillandAlisha said:
WiiPower said:
Most people are too stuid to realize that that WEIRD text about LU64+ could be about their Wiis. And others are too stupid to realize this fact.

S-t-u-p-i-d

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet darf sie behalten.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Sorry, but it's just that lots of people here give advises without knowing enough about the topic. Trying to help is nice and i want to encourage everybody to do that. But if you think something might work, tell that you think that it might work and not tell like "This is the solution use it!". I know i myself don't always act like this, but i try.

GBAtemp is one of the few few sites where you get some at least partly reliable informations when you ask for them. If you knew more and would see other sites, you would have headaches too when looking at them. (and i think team twizzers feels this way about GBAtemp...)

I do get where you are coming from, lol. I see it all the time too, people steering people in the wrong direction, causing all sorts of problems.

But, like i said, first Time I have ever done so, and it was simply because I am half asleep (hard drive crashed, long story) and I misread a post. it wasn't a case of "OHH OHH I KNOW HOW 2 FIX DAT". that is why as soon as i reread it, I removed it.

If i don't know how to fix something, I don't say anything, lol. last thing I want to be is responsible for screwing up someones wii.

So again, calm down a little. It was a small mistake, and luckily, it caused no damage before it was caught.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-