Hacking New to Xbox needing help with hacking

adrian2055

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just acquired an Xbox 360 slim a few days ago and I'm looking to play ISO's with a 128GB USB Flash drive. I have never had and XBox before so all this is new to me. What steps do I need to follow to be able to play some games with a flash drive? I really don't want to open this system up unless I have no choice. Is this possible? I'm not concerned about playing online and I don't have an Xbox Live account.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember there was a device that let you switch between the normal optical drive and a drive emulator that would load ISOs from a hard drive.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember there was a device that let you switch between the normal optical drive and a drive emulator that would load ISOs from a hard drive.

maybe xode, but you need your drive key which means opening up the system. it's not hard. I have no experience with slims though as I've never owned one, but I'll try to help with the phats.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, if it's a phat, it's tabbed together. then, you need a torx screwdriver. you can probably find some good ones on ebay.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll have to RGH it.

This means soldering in a chip.

Edit:
If you want to play online, you can opt for a Xkey.
This will allow you to play games off off a external in ISO format.

RGH requires game extracts and other installation methods.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The xbox360 is a tricky console. If you go with the xk3y, you’ll still need to remove your dvd drive and use an x360usbpro v2 to extract the dvd key. With the slims, you may need (depending on the dvd drive) a probe to assist in dvd key extraction. I did LOTS of reading while getting mine set up. I have a phat xenon.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, a xenon. it's hilarious to see a game with a xenon baked file as if they knew the xenon was going to have heating issues. ;) don't spend too much money on it. I approve of flashing, but not really doing any mods (waste of money and time). I did both, and mine still failed.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The xbox360 is a tricky console. If you go with the xk3y, you’ll still need to remove your dvd drive and use an x360usbpro v2 to extract the dvd key. With the slims, you may need (depending on the dvd drive) a probe to assist in dvd key extraction. I did LOTS of reading while getting mine set up. I have a phat xenon.

Slims need sputnik/kamikaze to unlock write access.
Phatty Liteons need a probe for key extraction.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all