New to Wii U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BurningDesire, Dec 27, 2015.

1. BurningDesire
    OP

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    The 5.5 IOSU talk has brought me over. Before it comes out though I would like some knowledge.. What can it do and how does it work. That is all folks!

Regards,
    BurningDesire

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Having IOSU exploited is like having ARM9 on the 3DS: you can do pretty much whatever you want (within reason). EmuNAND? Sure. Homebrew loaders? Sure. Piracy? Sure (though you can do that with the PowerPC kernel being compromised too, see Loadiine). Of course, all of these things take time to develop, so once IOSU comes out, I wouldn't expect a bunch of things to suddenly spring up on day one. In the coming weeks and months though, they'll come, most likely.

BurningDesire likes this.
  3. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I don't really care about piracy. Will I do it. Guilty as charged. I 'll definitely try it out. I want cool stuff though like custom smash bros 4 textures like we had in brawl as well as custom stages and music

Last edited by BurningDesire, Dec 27, 2015
    soniczx123 likes this.
  4. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
  5. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Game mods are already possible without IOSU (for the public, only on 5.3.2 and below though), but either way, that should be possible once the exploit is released (and tools are updated for 5.4.0/5.5.0). As for how it works, I think only Hykem himself/herself can really explain that, or maybe nahwert (sorry for butchering the spelling) could, but it'll probably be a while before we get a technical write-up on how it works (once it's patched?). If you're interested in exploits in general though, @Marionumber1 wrote an article here on the forum that describes the current public PowerPC kernel exploit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/osdriver-kernel-exploit-a-technical-description.395444/

6. Seita

Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    I wonder if it's gonna need a game exploit like loadiine.

7. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I think it works off the web browser

Seita likes this.