Hacking New to Wii U hacking

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Having IOSU exploited is like having ARM9 on the 3DS: you can do pretty much whatever you want (within reason). EmuNAND? Sure. Homebrew loaders? Sure. Piracy? Sure (though you can do that with the PowerPC kernel being compromised too, see Loadiine). Of course, all of these things take time to develop, so once IOSU comes out, I wouldn't expect a bunch of things to suddenly spring up on day one. In the coming weeks and months though, they'll come, most likely.

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having IOSU exploited is like having ARM9 on the 3DS: you can do pretty much whatever you want (within reason). EmuNAND? Sure. Homebrew loaders? Sure. Piracy? Sure (though you can do that with the PowerPC kernel being compromised too, see Loadiine). Of course, all of these things take time to develop, so once IOSU comes out, I wouldn't expect a bunch of things to suddenly spring up on day one. In the coming weeks and months though, they'll come, most likely.
I don't really care about piracy. Will I do it. Guilty as charged. I 'll definitely try it out. I want cool stuff though like custom smash bros 4 textures like we had in brawl as well as custom stages and music

Last edited by BurningDesire,
Reactions: soniczx123

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Game mods are already possible without IOSU (for the public, only on 5.3.2 and below though), but either way, that should be possible once the exploit is released (and tools are updated for 5.4.0/5.5.0). As for how it works, I think only Hykem himself/herself can really explain that, or maybe nahwert (sorry for butchering the spelling) could, but it'll probably be a while before we get a technical write-up on how it works (once it's patched?). If you're interested in exploits in general though, @Marionumber1 wrote an article here on the forum that describes the current public PowerPC kernel exploit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/osdriver-kernel-exploit-a-technical-description.395444/

Reactions: BurningDesire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1