Hacking new to this

nlicursi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi guys im new at this i just ordered a r4ds and i was wondering will the firmwear will be on or do i have to find one and if i have to find one wwher and how do i do it

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need a micro sd memory card..you put the firmware in the micro sd memory card
for the latest firmware, on the R4 box there should be a website, you go there to download the latest firmware for your cart
be sure to format your micro sd

nlicursi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im getting it with the card will it tell me how to do everything and how to format. and i heard you cand play game of 2008 and up is that true

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Depending on what R4 you are going to get, yes you can play games from 2008+. Supposing you got an R4 from Shoptemp, I would highly suggest using WoodR4 for your "firmware" (technically it's kernel/OS/etc. but w/e).
As for formatting, use the SD Formatter and follow this guide:
http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide...ting-up-wood-r4

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends. Which R4 did you order? There's 200+ different "R4"s (13 different R4s sold at 4coolday), so I don't know which one you're talking about.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If that's a 1:1 clone like it appears to be, then you made a good choice. You won't be able to use an SD card larger than 2 GB, but the Wood R4 firmware makes it a pretty decent cart. I used an R4 with Wood before getting my DSTWO, and it served me well for a few months. I needed to find a patch for a few games, but most will already work thanks to Wood's regular updates.

To put the firmware on the card, just search for Wood on Filetrip, then drag and drop everything in the archive to the root of the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: On a phone of course