New to this, Moonshell question

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by laserjock, Dec 8, 2012.

Dec 8, 2012
  1. laserjock
    OP

Newcomer laserjock Member

United States
    Admittedly, I'm not much of a gamer. I recently got a DSi for my kid who lives in another city. I just set up the microSD and DSTWO tonight, but Moonshell is crashing. Why is moonshell giving an error on any game? Am I supposed to have a microSD in the other slot (the microSD slot/slot 2?)

Are there any tutorials on the plugins like moonshell?

Please pardon the fact that I am new to this, but not so technically challenged (I've been building my own desktop computers for many years for instance).

2. Technicmaster0

Member Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Do you have the righ icon in the menu?
    [​IMG]

Does it crash in the menu or at moonshell? Moonshell has many tests for your microSD card and I think that yours is a bit corruptet. Copy all files of your microSD card to your computer, formate the card and put the files back on your MicroSD card. Try it again.

The Supercard DSTWO has no access to the SD slot of the DSi.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You shouldn't be using moonshell to run DS ROMs... it can be a launcher for homebrew, but doesn't support loading of ROMs.

That's what you use the main DSTwo's Game menu for.

4. laserjock
    OP

United States
    Oh, because moonshell plays the music and all. But I can't load the NDS games with it? I just installed on another card and I get the same thing.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Moonshell is not meant to load DS ROMs, and will not without modification. How this would be done on the DSTwo (or if it's even possible), I don't know, since the normal DS Game option of the DSTwo is what you're meant to use.

6. laserjock
    OP

United States
    Thank you

7. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It would be an awkward work around for little gain. It is normally achieved by exploiting the autorun feature in the base OS.

Edit: You also need to use a hacked version of MS that will let you click on a commercial rom without an error. You also need to find a way to get the card to boot to Moonshell on start up and return to Moonshell on soft reset rather than ending up back in the base OS.