Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkmystery said:
netsad said:
I have a noob question:

I have hermes v5 cios, if I'll update to 4.3 and my ios249 will be removed can i use my ios 202/222/223/224 in dop-mii to patch ios36 and then install my ios249 back?
Does hermes cios has the ability to patch other ios's or only wanin's has that?

sorry for my english
-I believe Hermes' can do that too, but I think some modifications need to be done to the patcher itself, to work with Hermes'. Please take this with caution, I'm not sure.

QUOTE(netsad @ Jun 24 2010, 07:33 AM) \
one more question: Is there any way to use the SmashStack exploit on other regions besides NTSC?

sorry for my english
Nope, not yet.

Also, why bother upgrading to 4.3? There are no other fixes other that anti-homebrew measures.
Thank you, and I don't wanna update at all, i just wondering...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
We definitely need a TBR for 4.3 as well. For those virgin 4.3s
wink.gif
Once we have a way to install BootMii (either boot2 or IOS) on 4.3, then the current TBR will work fine. You just have to use cBoot2 to launch it instead of the IOS15 downgrade. We are trying to figure out a way to remove the need for cBoot2 (perhaps with an application that runs on Mini) but that may not be possible.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
using cboot2 wouldn't be a big deal if it were easy to get legally... if it were to be rewritten to use a version of boot2 found on NUS servers, then it would be easy to make cboot2 legally. I really hope a legal work around is found (without having to grab the boot2 off of a disc like twilight)

bigboss50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have a question my idiot brother (a kid) updated the wii to 4.3 the official way clicking on nintendo's button. I see that I have lost HBC and the other stuff but I still have Custom USB loader forwarder channel although it doesn't work (sends me back to wii menu when trying to load it). What I wanted to know is could I use this forwarder channel in some way to revert back to 4.2 or I still have the nand and keys.bin backup and maybe I could use those to go back to 4.2. Anyway what I'm really asking is when could I expect to be able to soft-mod my wii again I have a pal wii if that makes nay difference.
Thanks

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
since u had a usb loader I'm assuming u had cios249/250 installed, 249 was stubbed, so thats why your usb loader isn't loading, but 250 should be fine.

put the boot.dol for yawmm (wad manager) wherever your forwarder channel looks for it (probably sd:/apps/usbloader), then it will be able to load yawmm, choose to use IOS250, then install the IOS70 and 4.2 System menu for your region (probably 4.2E since u r from the UK), then u should make sure to install bootmii, the HBC, priiloader, and cIOSs (just follow the stickied guide or NUSAD custom guide, which both still work for all 4.2 wii's and below)

bigboss50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks so much
wink.gif
I was going to kill him when he came home
laugh.gif
I'm going to try this now
EDIT: I chose IOS 250 but where do I find IOS 70 to install?

MrFixer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've already updated the Wii to 4.3 and its removed homebrew channel. Anyway to reinstall this back to normal ?

sorry im new to this

bigboss50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm no expert but if you had usb loader and forwarder channel you can try this
XFlak said:
since u had a usb loader I'm assuming u had cios249/250 installed, 249 was stubbed, so thats why your usb loader isn't loading, but 250 should be fine.

put the boot.dol for yawmm (wad manager) wherever your forwarder channel looks for it (probably sd:/apps/usbloader), then it will be able to load yawmm, choose to use IOS250, then install the IOS70 and 4.2 System menu for your region (probably 4.2E since u r from the UK), then u should make sure to install bootmii, the HBC, priiloader, and cIOSs (just follow the stickied guide or NUSAD custom guide, which both still work for all 4.2 wii's and below)

Xflak is a legend but where do I find IOS 70 to install, do I get it from NUS downloader sorry I'm a complete noob

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U can get it from NUS Downloader, make sure u don't get the stubbed version

or u can get it from NUS Auto Downloader, it is also able to grab a patched version (better than not patched)

edit: btw, thx for calling me a legend, but I'd hardly consider myself a true legend
biggrin.gif
the real pro's are the devs behind the hackmii installer, bannerbomb and cIOSs etc.

MrFixer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bigboss50 said:
I'm no expert but if you had usb loader and forwarder channel you can try this
XFlak said:

Xflak is a legend but where do I find IOS 70 to install, do I get it from NUS downloader sorry I'm a complete noob

Thanks i will try it out

I think you can get IOS 70 from nus downloader im new to these stuff too i have more experience with the xbox flashing lol

bigboss50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:

or u can get it from NUS Auto Downloader, it is also able to grab a patched version (better than not patched)

edit: btw, thx for calling me a legend, but I'd hardly consider myself a true legend
biggrin.gif
the real pro's are the devs behind the hackmii installer, bannerbomb and cIOSs etc.

Ok big problem I installed the latest version of IOS 70 on NUS downloader then installed 4.2E it said installation complete but then when I tried to exit WAD Manager I got DSI error or something. The Wii froze now I had to switch off holding the power button and now I think the Wii is bricked no menu nothing just disc drive loading sounds and black screen fuuuuck
cry.gif
does anyone know which brick methods I should use or is it gone forever? http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/unbricking

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@mauifrog:
In Multimod manager you can load any IOS you like, and run MMM itself with any IOS you want it to work with (in the config file).
It has multiple functions included, like a built in yawm, IOS titles installing, patching and deleting, TBR restoring (old version) so on and so on.

Works like a charm to softmod everything, loads excellent from loadmii.

1 general question to all:

A lot of talk about using bootmii on a virgin Wii so you can use TBR, and the rest.
But that is no use for the most Wii's that cannot install in boot2.
And as far as i know, in europe, all new Wii's cannot install bootmii in boot2.

So when they come with fw4.3, tough luck?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
bigboss50 said:
XFlak said:

biggrin.gif

Ok big problem I installed the latest version of IOS 70 on NUS downloader then installed 4.2E it said installation complete but then when I tried to exit WAD Manager I got DSI error or something. The Wii froze now I had to switch off holding the power button and now I think the Wii is bricked no menu nothing just disc drive loading sounds and black screen fuuuuck
cry.gif
does anyone know which brick methods I should use or is it gone forever? http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/unbricking
If you had referred to the very first post of this thread you would have seen that the latest version of IOS 70 is of course a stub (the one Xflak said not to use) hence you are truly bricked.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
bigboss50 said:
XFlak said:

biggrin.gif

cry.gif
the latest IOS70 is a stub, I warned you... and NUS Downloader even tells u when u are downloading stub IOS70 "If you're using System Menu 4.2, BY ALL MEANS avoid this version!". If u used my program (NUSAD), it wouldn't even be able to download STUB IOS70.

So u royally screwed up. If u have a nand backup and keys, and u can fix it using an infectus modchip. U may be able to fix it using an autoboot disc, but I doubt it, and it would definitely require a cIOS installed (u prolly still have cIOS250 installed though), and u would have to patch the disc image to boot off of IOS250 instead of 249... needless to say, u have a lot of work ahead of u because u rushed, sorry mate

edit: if u were EVER able to install bootmii as boot2, u can fix it using an infectus even if u don't have a nand backup and keys

bigboss50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thx for the reply ye maybe I should have read up on it a bit more oh well if its completely dead RIP
cry.gif

damn I just wanted my wii after E3 and SMG2 oh well just for future reference the IOS 70 on NUS Downloader is the same as the latest wii version? I just thought it was a database of clean IOS fuck
I don't blame you Xflak ( I actually did it before you warned about the stub) I do have Nand and keys backup so what would the solution be and would it be cheaper then buying a used for about £70?

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bigboss50 said:
XFlak said:

biggrin.gif

cry.gif
What you did:
You installed a stubbed version of IOS70 (thanks to nintendo who wanted to update the Wii Menu, haxxmii guys will make new version of Hackmii installer and everything is gonna be fine).

What you need to fix it:
bootmii/boot2 and/or a nand backup (if you dont have bootmii/boot2 but you do have a nand backup you can flash it using the Infectus)

How to fix it:
If you have bootmii/boot2 & a nand dump you can just restore it at bootmii settings. It's easy.
If you have a nand dump but no bootmii/boot2 Wii (Post-October 2008 Wiis) you can do it with the infectus. tutorial
If you have bootmii/boot2 you might be able to run WAD Manager to install a good version of IOS70 (non-stub) and a System Menu 4.2 WAD.
If you don't have bootmii/boot2 OR a nand dump you are screwed. Get a new Wii or send it to Nintendo (like that's gonna make a difference, the wii is like €170 right now including Wii Sports Resort and a Wii MotionPlus and a repair is like 200 euros or something, 'dem evil bastards)

bigboss50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thx dragon I backed up the nand and keys with bootmii or boot2 it was the one with black bg i think bootmii but I thought when I did the official update to 4.3 it deleted the boot 2
EDIT: the link you gave dragon I wouldn't be too good at soldering and the like but I saw that someone was offering their services to mod it in the UK it was a quote from cwstjdenobs do you know if he offers it or someone else as I'm willing to pay a fee as long as its cheaper then a used wii

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bigboss50 said:
thx dragon I backed up the nand and keys with bootmii or boot2 it was the one with black bg i think bootmii but I thought when I did the official update to 4.3 it deleted the boot 2
Ok, you can use infectus tutorial http://bit.ly/9DCpj5
and next time, make sure that you have bootmii before you do anything like this. Or have priiloader, but I wonder if that makes a difference when SM IOS isnt there, I'm not sure yet how Priiloader works (gotta look at source)

bigboss50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the link you gave dragon I wouldn't be too good at soldering and the like but I saw that someone was offering their services to mod it in the UK it was a quote from cwstjdenobs do you know if he offers it or someone else as I'm willing to pay a fee as long as its cheaper then a used wii

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the one with the black background (or white) is priiloader, and u lost this for sure when u installed a new SM

most likely your bootmii @ boot2 was overwritten when u updated (your boot2 is not deleted though, lol), the only way it survived the update is if you had bootmii installed and your boot2 version was @ v4. This is unlikely unless u did an official update to 4.2 sometime since September then installed bootmii as boot2 afterwards.

To check if u have bootmii as boot2, copy the bootmii folder that was created when u installed bootmii to your sd card and insert it in the wii and power it on, if u have it install, u will be taken to the bootmii menu. An easier way to check, is just power on your wii, and count how many times the blue disk light flashes, it should flash twice if u have bootmii installed as boot2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...