Hacking New System Menu Update 4.3

Blasingame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This update must be some kind of buffer for an update that will probably come down the line when Metroid Other M is released. I bet we'll see a 5.0u when that game comes out.

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blasingame said:
This update must be some kind of buffer for an update that will probably come down the line when Metroid Other M is released. I bet we'll see a 5.0u when that game comes out.

5.0; a nightmare. Us homebrewers will all be dead by then. Seize the day. Either that, or the big N will have already given up. haha In which case will be like them TELLING us how to hack our consoles, and GIVING us the signing keys. haha

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When are all the "I updated my wii to 4.3! HALP
ohmy.gif
" threads going to start?

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
runthroughboy said:
person66 said:
ohmy.gif

My Wii Is Just Fine And i Updated to 4.3 HBC Is Ok

Haha I safely updated my wii to 4.3 and I lost HBC, I don't know about that haha. Good thing I made a nand backup before.
wink.gif

runthroughboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person3412 said:
runthroughboy said:
person66 said:
ohmy.gif

Haha I safely updated my wii to 4.3 and I lost HBC, I don't know about that haha. Good thing I made a nand backup before.
wink.gif

When Did U Get Ur Wii

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
runthroughboy said:
person3412 said:
runthroughboy said:
person66 said:
ohmy.gif

wink.gif

When Did U Get Ur Wii

About 2 months after it came out.

runthroughboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person3412 said:
runthroughboy said:
person3412 said:
runthroughboy said:
person66 said:
ohmy.gif

wink.gif

When Did U Get Ur Wii

About 2 months after it came out.

I Got Myself A Black Wii A Few Days Ago (i Traded My Old Wii)

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha I don't know that we should be talking about personals here haha. It seems like every post I post at wiihacks winds up removed. Don't want to go through that on two websites. But yes, the system menu blacklists the titles of the HBC, DVDX, etc. It literally searches for them and deletes them (Which will always be a fail by nintendo because come on, they could try harder). It looks like if all they can do from here on is blacklisting, then we will always have workarounds. You're going to need a modified system menu to not check and delete these titles immediately. haha

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Xeridae said:
I'm the exception here but here is what happened to me. Decided yesterday to get a black wii and softmod it. Did my research the day before and 4.2 was still the latest. So thinking there was no chance in hell they were releasing an update, I just updated my wii like normal and of course I'm stuck with 4.3. I can't even describe how pissed I was. I am sure the softmod guide will be updated for 4.3 but talk about bad luck...

Why would you update at all???? All the black Wiis come with 4.2, no guide anywhere will tell you to update a black wii before modding it. Plus wouldn't you check the version before updating? Why would you think there's no chance of an update? There's *always* a chance of an update, plus 4.2 has been around for ages.

*shakes head* no one to blame but yourself and you're hardly stuck, get a SSBB or Indy disc.

ECJanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pff, all this drama for nothing. Just the shopping channel asks for updates. But I don't shop anyway. Next to that everything works fine and I blocked every update with StartPatch by default anyway.

Sticking to 4.2

Ituron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
apoptygma said:
Xeridae said:
I'm the exception here but here is what happened to me. Decided yesterday to get a black wii and softmod it. Did my research the day before and 4.2 was still the latest. So thinking there was no chance in hell they were releasing an update, I just updated my wii like normal and of course I'm stuck with 4.3. I can't even describe how pissed I was. I am sure the softmod guide will be updated for 4.3 but talk about bad luck...

Why would you update at all???? All the black Wiis come with 4.2, no guide anywhere will tell you to update a black wii before modding it. Plus wouldn't you check the version before updating? Why would you think there's no chance of an update? There's *always* a chance of an update, plus 4.2 has been around for ages.

*shakes head* no one to blame but yourself and you're hardly stuck, get a SSBB or Indy disc.

my new black wii came actually with 4.1E, ordered about 2 weeks ago from amazon

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Riicky said:
Blocking bannerbomb and the hackmii installer = 2pts for Nintendo
Forgetting about Smash Stack,Indiana pwns,Patching system menus = fail
+Forgetting about IOS224 and IOS202=double fail
biggrin.gif

Nintendo won't be able to play that "I'll just overwrite your IOSes"-Game for a long time, hell, it doesn't even work at this point completely...Hermes cIOSes v5.1 are all maxed out, as far as I know. Or you could just install the cIOS into a Stub-Slot IOS with the same version number, etc., etc.. I'm astonished that there are so many other ways to detect cIOS/pirated VC/Wiiware, but they don't go these ways, and keep on playing silly. And the pirates are happy about that
tongue.gif

I hope that the next HBC of TT will just have another ID, like before. Until Ninty starts to search with an other method for it, there's no need to do it in another way...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1