Hacking New System Menu Update 4.3

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All they did was search for the ID of the HBC and then delete it.
Give it a few days and a new HBC with a new ID will be out.

They also restubbed the ios that hermes and waninkoko make.

Someone who updated needs to see if they fixed bannerbomb or not.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a way this is more exciting than playing the S@#$ games for the wii, seeing how community fights back against these useless updates.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my SNEEK HBC is gone. Time to un-update.
tongue.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope IOS 80 offers new functions, would be kind of pointless to switch over to a new IOS without making major changes to the current system menu unless they did that to mess up some homebrew.

If this update was only to combat homebrew like the 4.2 update, I lost all hope in Nintendo.

Takaishi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
poster-takaishi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...enuFeatures.jsp

Most Recent Update:

June 21, 2010

Wii Menu 4.3

Unauthorized Modifications
Because unauthorized channels or firmware may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.3 will check for and automatically remove such unauthorized files. In addition, there are some behind the scenes enhancements that do not affect any prominently-used features or menus but will improve system performance.

If you are seeing "Error:004," please click here.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
I hope IOS 80 offers new functions, would be kind of pointless to switch over to a new IOS without making major changes to the current system menu unless they did that to mess up some homebrew.

If this update was only to combat homebrew like the 4.2 update, I lost all hope in Nintendo.

They did add ios58(for webcams) into the update so its not a total "kill homebrew" update it does have some purpose but not much.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii Error:004

The error code you received indicates the system is attempting to load unauthorized software. Unauthorized modifications to save data or program files may impair game play or the Wii console and should be removed.

Maybe thats what happens when you try to run bannerbomb?

Any testers?

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:

Wouldn't they call it "the 5.0 update" if anything major was added. upping by .1 makes me think this is a homebrew killer only. i was wrong

EDIT: looks up...reads "a new IOS was added, #58"... small update. not major.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takaishi said:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...enuFeatures.jsp

Most Recent Update:

June 21, 2010

Wii Menu 4.3

Unauthorized Modifications
Because unauthorized channels or firmware may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.3 will check for and automatically remove such unauthorized files. In addition, there are some behind the scenes enhancements that do not affect any prominently-used features or menus but will improve system performance.

If you are seeing "Error:004," please click here.

I Like how they say
Because unauthorized channels or firmware may impair game play
it should say
We will cripple your wii with this update

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
Zetta_x said:

They did add ios58(for webcams) into the update so its not a total "kill homebrew" update it does have some purpose but not much.

Thanks for the information, I wonder if bootmii or priiloader gives the 004 error.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zetta_x said:
icebrg5 said:
Zetta_x said:

Thanks for the information, I wonder if bootmii or priiloader gives the 004 error.

What is error 004, anyone know ?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
icebrg5 said:
Zetta_x said:

I dont think they can mess with bootmii other then making a new boot2 version to over ride the previous one but even then you should be able to reinstall bootmii as boot2.Priiloader will be gone if you update because a new system menu will wipe it out.
Not sure if reinstalling it works or not to early to tell unless someone tries it.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
I'm waiting for xfluk to update NUSD.
I'm not updating through Nintendo.

Only thing you might need from this update is ios58 and even then it's been included in xzxeros guide for
awhile now anyway so more then likely you have it already.
Unless your one of those people who have to be on the latest firmware regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol