New Suikoden Announced For PSP

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by SamAsh07, Sep 17, 2011.

Sep 17, 2011
  1. SamAsh07
    OP

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    As part of its series of floor show announcements in Japan at the Tokyo Game Show, Konami today announced that a new chapter in its RPG series Suikoden is in development for PlayStation Portable.

The game will be titled Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki. The teaser for it released by Konami features anime cutscenes as is common with the series in its most recent incarnations, but it is unknown if the graphics will follow the more realistic style of the PS2 game Suikoden III or will use super-deformed graphics ala the Suikoden Tierkreis game released on Nintendo DS in 2008/2009; the battle and gameplay systems were also not detailed, and will be of great interest to see in action since Tierkreis was something of a spin-off (and a polarizing one at that.[/p]

[​IMG] Source

Go to source to see video, too lazy to post it up lol. Well finally some Suikoden to play [​IMG] But it's odd that it's coming on PSP...and not Vita.

2. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The question is..... is it available in english?

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    No...the real question is whether it'll actually be any good.

4. SamAsh07
    OP

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    I guess it'll be good (IDC what people say, I loved Tierkreis, only Ending was screwed up though), judging a game only when its name is announced is rather ridiculous to say the least.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Suikoden 3 was one of the most painfully boring things i've played on the PS2 so the fact they mention it (even incidentally) doesn't fill me with hope.

6. punkyrule

Member punkyrule GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Suikoden 2 was the best. Too bad the new one won't be for the 3DS or PS3/360. [​IMG]

7. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Ahh.. sad Suiko 1&2 PSP never made it off japan, hopefully this one will rock and be localised

Nostalgia.. the first was also my first playstation RPG back in the years, and right the second is the king of the series