New Sonic Game Announced

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Died along with their other shitty games like Ecco The Dolphin. Too bad those pieces of shit dragged Vectorman down with them.

Hey man, Ecco wasn't too shabby, and for the note, at least two of the Alex Kidds were awesome, the rest though...

...about as lame as Vector Man. Joking! Vector Man ruled of course! :)

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

All hail the Eggman Empire!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hehe, got your attention, huh?

Recently, SEGA has announced that later this year they will be releasing a new Sonic the Hedgehog game. What game is it? Why it's port #8633 of Sonic 1!!! Specially made for you Android and ios users! Yes folks, hold onto your pants. We are getting a 60FPS, remastered port of Sonic 1, and 2. And since you and your mother already have 50 ports already of those classic Sonic games, SEGA is being kind enough to offer the game for free to those who already purchased Sonic 1 and 2 on the app/google play store. Whee!

The port will be made by Christian Whitehead, the genius behind the Sonic CD port. Personally, I'm tired of all the Sonic rehashes, but I'm totally excited for this, as any port by Whitehead's team is always top notch. (And usually come with very nice bonus features)

Source, http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/03...1-coming-to-ios-android-sonic-2-also-planned/

I was horrendously tempted to slap you for this. But then I thought 'eh, humour has its place in the world. I'd do this as well.. I'd be a hypocrite if I slapped someone for stuff like this.'

So...

*slap*

Hypocrisy established, I must say I was quite happy to see this post, and slightly disgruntled to read the contents. Sorry, but we've seen re-re-re-re-re-re-releases of this bloody game entirely too often by this point. I'm actually kinda hoping for another game, given that Sonic Generations managed to restore my faith, to a decent extent, in the franchise. The game played well and was enjoyable. IN MY OPINION (disclaimer'd). Oh well, sooner or later, I s'ppose.

Also: Nice that they brought in this whole new engine... thing. I know next to nothing about it, so I won't comment, but still, it's nice.

If I had an iPad. Or similar device. Oh well, back to my emulator for Sonic 1 then.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I was horrendously tempted to slap you for this. But then I thought 'eh, humour has its place in the world. I'd do this as well.. I'd be a hypocrite if I slapped someone for stuff like this.'

So...

*slap*
Ouch.
Hyeh, hyeh. I tried to be as hope-crushing and misleading as possible with the title. So thank you for your approval of my humor.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So it's going to feature remastered music? Lazy, lazy lazy.

Update the graphics so we have the same basic game with bad ass up-to-date visuals (I'm thinking Generations 3DS) and I'll be interested. Include a 'retro-mode' with old school graphics for ll those of you with your mouse poised over 'post-reply' ready to tell me that it just wouldn't be Sonic 1 if it didn't have 16-bit graphics, and everybody's happy.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yuck Sonic should have died by now...If I wanna play sonic I will whip out my Genesis or Dreamcast. If I want to play Sonic on a modern console.... Well I don't actually. Come on Sega find something original I know you can.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried sonic 4 on my tablet ages ago and it sucked so hard, the controls were absolutely terrible; sonic fucking sux without some kind of joystick/real d-pad! To that end I will be passing on this.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess if I were going to revive an old Sonic game, I'd have to go with Sonic CD. Still my favorite of the old 2D adventures...

...but still, where the heck is my Monster World sequel damn it?!?!?! :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5wcOM79kgU

Sonic CD DID get revived, 2 years ago. It was re released on XBLA, PSN, PC, IOS, Andoid. It was an amazing port.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup. In fact, it was on discount sale on the XBLA store a little while ago.
for how much? It's already pretty damn cheap (400 ms points equaling $4.99). I grabbed it as soon as I saw your post. :P

And damn, this is a really fine port. Totally remastered and looking gorgeous on my HDTV. Every port/emulated classic should look like this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs