New Sonic Forces trailer - custom playable characters

If you were waiting for SEGA to announce Bubsy the Bobcat as a playable character in the upcoming Sonic Forces, you'll find yourself as being half correct; SEGA is adding a create-your-own character option to Sonic Forces. The trailer shows gameplay of a character creator feature, where you can finally make, and play as, your own original Sonic OC (do not steal). Sonic Forces is still on target to release Holiday 2017, for Switch, PS4, XB1, and PC.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What the fuck... It's a logical step over Mario Maker I guess? Make your own damned character now!

Maybe they should focus on the core gameplay of new Sonic games instead of trying to shoehorn shit in like bastardised Classic Sonic gameplay and gimmicks like this. At least Nintendo nails the core 3D Mario gameplay first and builds levels and level gimmicks around that.

What are they going to do in their next game? Will they be forced to include a character creator again? Will the Deviantart crowd refuse to buy the next game if it doesn't? Why even bother including Sonic at all if it gets to that point?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
What the fuck... It's a logical step over Mario Maker I guess? Make your own damned character now!

Maybe they should focus on the core gameplay of new Sonic games instead of trying to shoehorn shit in like bastardised Classic Sonic gameplay and gimmicks like this. At least Nintendo nails the core 3D Mario gameplay first and builds levels and level gimmicks around that.

What are they going to do in their next game? Will they be forced to include a character creator again? Will the Deviantart crowd refuse to buy the next game if it doesn't? Why even bother including Sonic at all if it gets to that point?
I think the whole "classic" Sonic gimmick must have been uber successful for Generations, because they have no reason to bring that mechanic back with Sonic Mania existing now, except to dredge up sales for Forces. I honestly wasn't a fan of the Generations 2D sections, purely because the physics felt awkward. I can't imagine that Forces 2D sections will be that different, so I can't manage to get myself hyped for this game. Mania, however... :yay:

Trophies
XP
Country
France

You are the perfect representation of the cancer that is the Sonic Fanbase.

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

If you were waiting for SEGA to announce Bubsy the Bobcat as a playable character in the upcoming Sonic Forces, you'll find yourself as being half correct; SEGA is adding a create-your-own character option to Sonic Forces. The trailer shows gameplay of a character creator feature, where you can finally make, and play as, your own original Sonic OC (do not steal). Sonic Forces is still on target to release Holiday 2017, for Switch, PS4, XB1, and PC.

Well this is interesting.

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are the perfect representation of the cancer that is the Sonic Fanbase.
Hey now, that was kinda uncalled for. I really don't think there are bad fanbases. There are a lot of Sonic fans who I've actually met and spoken to and they're all pretty nice. Not every fan of Sonic is "cancerous". Besides, every fandom has their share of bad moments but a lot of good.

Last edited by LuxerWap,
Reactions: Deleted User

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Noice! So now my edgy half saiyan half hedgehog that can go SSJ26 is CANON!

Take that Sonic_X7, my mortal enemy! Donaldg will rise again.

... Where was this game when I was in 6th grade?

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly, you must be referring to, Sonic Colors&Sounds&Knuckles&R-Shrubs? We all know by now Sanic `13 got pushed to 2020.

Sanic ~017 original character-desu&-Knuckles

I see much DLC and stolen characters and RP's.

Sally The Hedgehag&-Kunckles and Shadeow Da' Heegehug&+Kuckolds are going to be a thing that gets shipped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.