New softmod compatibility list/thread?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by WiiPower, Jan 8, 2010.

?

1. List

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Thread

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't care, as long as it's only 1 of both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I want both at the same time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It's useless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jan 8, 2010
  1. WiiPower
    OP

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Now with all compatibility lists(i know...) completely outdated, in my eyes it would be a good idea to write a new one. Since most games just work from disc and usb without any problems, i would say concentrating on the problem games and descriptions on how to get them to work should be the way to go.

I don't want to update my old thread with it. I'm lazy, and i think i have a way of expressing things in a way many people don't understand. But i want to contribute. In my eyes the best would be if one of the guys who write guides do it, and everybody else writing guides, helping people and just knowing stuff contribute to it.

Hmm, maybe a combination of compatibility list and additional info in a thread would be good. I'm thinking of something like putting games in categories, like 002b games, IOS Reloading games with .dols(working with alternative .dol loading), IOS Reloading games without .dols, updated 001 error(won't find pattern with Generic Wii Patcher) ...

I think building that list would be hell, as it would require lots of infos that need to be gathered especially for the list, but in my eyes it would be worth it.

Maybe the edit access should be restricted to people who know what they are doing to avoid missinformation in the list. And if a thread should be the way to go, i think we should do a poll to decide who creates it.

Sorry for the confusing layout of my text, i'm just writing my thoughts down.

2. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    A combination of both would be great but might be hard.

3. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    same as above, you have to remember that tempers are lazzy people, so everyone wants the thing nicely done, but no one wants to DO IT...!! [​IMG]

4. antimatter

Newcomer antimatter Advanced Member

Belgium
    instead of having a list of whats working, having a list of what does not is probably easier to maintain isnt it? id prefer a list version somewhere. now whos gonna do it? hehe

5. WiiPower
    OP

Germany
    Ok, here's what i want in a list:
    Disc ID*
    6 digits

IOS*
    IOS Version + Revision that is requested

Compatible IOS
    For most games IOS36/37/38, for Rockband for example only IOS37 which means that the IOS the game is started with needs to be based on IOS37 or contain parts of it(Hermes cIOS)

001 found*
    001 search pattern for manual 001 fix found

002 found*
    002 search pattern for manual 002 fix found

multi .dol*
    If it's 1 addtional .dol, the name of the .dol, if it's more then only the number

IOS Reloading
    Yes/No/Partly(for WM+ video for example)

BCA
    Yes/No(for the protection) + the BCA data if it's protected

Force PAL480i/PAL480p/NTSC480i/NTSC480p
    Yes/Yes(p)/No, Yes(p) = works with video mode patches, without either other video mode or green screen freeze

force language
    - or Yes, No would be missleading, i don't trust anybody to know that games really don't need it

country string
    - or for example: "NTSC J" which would mean, that it's required on a japanese Wii

Patch
    Link to a patch for for example BCA

Additional info:
    For example on Wii Sports Resort: Requires to see the WM+ video once, use either retail disc or alternative .dol loading(from disc) ONCE

Please add more if i forgot something. I can write a NeoGamma mod that tells the info with *

6. hugo.wii

Newcomer hugo.wii Newbie

Brazil
    A wiki would be the solution. A table with all the games and compatibility, and a space above to discuss the exceptions.

- edit -
    And i think different regions for different wikis. One for NTSC-U, one for NTSC-J and one for PAL

7. WiiPower
    OP

Germany
    I would put the different region versions next to each other. If you are looking for a certain game and there's only the data for the US version, but you look for PAL, it's annoying if you don't see that.