Hacking New Skin: OSX LEOPARD

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK new skin... I lost a bunch of skins during my transition to OSX, so I had to make a skin to match my new computer... OSX LEOPARD! it's really nice and fast...

%5B1352%5DOSX_LEOPARD.jpg

OSX LEOPARD

Feliz navidad!

you can find more skins here in the download section of gbatemp.

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ridgecity: Hey I really like your skins they are clear and neat but could you please also put in one more button for the GBA in the main menu so the skin works flawless with the M3DS Real and (whichhas 7 buttons at the main menu).

Then they would be perfect
happy.gif
!!

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ridgecity: Hey I really like your skins they are clear and neat but could you please also put in one more button for the GBA in the main menu so the skin works flawless with the M3DS Real and (whichhas 7 buttons at the main menu).

Then they would be perfect
happy.gif
!!

Sure I'm fixing all the old ones to 2.7 this weekend, I'm glad you like them!
bow.gif

This skin is awesome. The font looks weird against the purple background, but.

Yeah, I hope they fix the fonts soon, since when they added new languages it messed up the font system, when it gets fixed I will add new colors... thank you for your comment!

Edit: Posts merged together. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Excellent skin, sir! But I find the gloss effect is too strong. Maybe lower the opacity?

EDIT: By gloss effect I mean the white stuff on the icons.

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey ridge city, what program/ application do you use to view/ take a snapshot of your M3 real skins?

just photoshop. open you skin using layers and set them in the place, at least that's how I do it, it takes a little longer but taking pictures of the screens appear very washed out in my camera.

salamence502, I tried doing less bright but the plastic looked strange, if you want I can send you the darker buttons in a pm and you just replace them... let me know...

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hot damn ridgecity!
You've outdone yourself with this one...

Very nice...I hope you make more!

:round of applause:

The icons are all nice, and the top screen's "X" could be moved up a tad more
unsure.gif
(Just in case you decide to update/revise)

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hot damn ridgecity!
You've outdone yourself with this one...

Very nice...I hope you make more!

:round of applause:

The icons are all nice, and the top screen's "X" could be moved up a tad more
unsure.gif
(Just in case you decide to update/revise)

Thanks for your comments!... The top screen is center in the Ds, not on the screenshot, I'm still coming to grip with OSx and it's "1button mouse interface", so I'm still kind of messing in pixel fitting, lol... it looks centered on the card...

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got the 2.7d firmware revision and it works, I erase the system folder before adding the firmware to make everything clean.

Anybody has the same problem as deadrabbit?

Darminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Ridgecity!

Nice work on the skins! I too am trying to make some, and was wondering like on your metroid ones, how do you get the icons background transparent on the ds? i see they have a pinky/purple background, did you do that or is that the key color for transparency? I am using paint shop pro, so it wont let me save a bmp with a transparent background... So just a question of how it is done if you dont mind me askin...

thank you
Dar

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I use photoshop cs3 but any image editor will work, use color red=255, green=0, blue=255 wherever you want transparencies, the card understands that color as transparent, to us it's just pink.

good luck with your skins, anything I can help let me know!

Darminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, thanx for the help! all is working out great i think... one more question tho, how do you do your screenshots? if i use the web preview thing i have it doesnt show transparent icons... yours do and i like the look of it on the ds as well... so if i could do it like that it would be nice, but i can just take a pic i guess, but it doesnt look near as nice to me that way...

thanx again
Dar

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just erase all the transparencies for the screenshot... just make a backup of your skin in case you save something by accident...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ