Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN said:
Ah, back to Flashcards we used to love and paid to much
biggrin.gif

1 rom each flash, making the card as much as original as the original,

You know, those GB/GBC/GBA kist, where you could write 1 rom to, put it in and play as original, you could even use AR with it and other add-on hardware.
(ok, there where multigame loaders for those cards
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, this is a move we all saw comming, the market got to mainstream, it is not a market anymore for the ones who really wanted such hardware, the most poor kid can buy now a kit and have money left to buy a dsi along his ds.

cheap=mainstream=kill for flashcards/backup devices.

Anyway, it's just gonna take longer now and, i can already see the huge amount of topics asking, when the rom will be patched, this game does not work, where is the patch for this etc... LOL, think it's wise to already make some new rulez regarding new topics over this
biggrin.gif

I will not let my sleep for it, really don't care that much, aslong as the leave homebrew out of it
smile.gif
indeed, back in the day, you bought one kit and stuck with it.

i still have my old GBC/NGPC kits in a box in storage, along with my old win98 PC.

nowadays, everyone has like 3 or 4 different DS flashcarts since they're so cheap.

i agree, as long as they don't do things like kill the flashcard firmware or erase the entire microsd card, i'm ok!

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
It will remain to be seen what hackers can do with the anti-piracy measure when it begins to ship, injected into retail carts, as soon as December of this year.

Any bets that Dragon Quest IX will be delayed to that time?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, at least Nintendo now tries to do something
tongue.gif
. We'll see what happens...If there isn't a work-around, the world doesn't end for me...there aren't that good games for DS...Only question left is now if they're also try to do this on the Wii? I think this would even be more important than the DS...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anakir said:
So far, there's been one game that I know that can't be pirated to play: DJ Max Trilogy for the PC. You must have the USB Flash Drive that comes with the game in order for the game to launch. The Flash Drive also has things inside which are hard to crack at the moment. Nintendo can learn a thing or two from them.

give them time!

they thought the same with DJ MAX PORTABLE BLACK SQUARE for PSP and they cracked that version
nyanya.gif

dongle protection is probably one of the lamest forms of protection ... it just gets reverse engineered and emulated ... company's have tried several times in the past and failed and they will again!

Same with DS game Encryption it will be bypassed soon enough even if it means NEW STYLE/hardware flash cards they will get around it!.... we already have some piracy protected games in circulation and are bypassed with a cheat file
smile.gif

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of the prepatching idea too. If each rom is supposed to have a new code, cant just one release group dump the rom, patch that version and upload the prepatched rom?

i think that makes sense..

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Why are they announcing this? It's pretty stupid! They should just put the protection there without telling anyone
sleep.gif
'

I was just thinking this. It could've been more of a surprise to everyone that they would do this, either they are really confident it will work or they're just plain stupid. But even so, now we know what we're up against and we can prepare and fight back when the time comes.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It more than likely will be cracked in hours. hackers are much faster than developers. It's safe to say this will be a minuscule obstacle.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I haven't read all the reponses, but my honest genuine response to this news is "LOLOLOLOLOL".

Seriously, I know these people need to appear to fight against piracy, but the idea that each download is a lost sale is rediculous. I like the part where they think that hacking taking weeks or months for each game is going to make any major changes. Let's say it is succesful in that each game takes 3 months of hacking to be workable, those who don't buy games will just wait the 3 months, those that do buy games won't be affected.

There is also the possibility that some games will get less sales because there won't be the rampant pirates recommending the game to people who do buy games in the first few months, so when the pirates finally get ahold of the game and start praising it, no one that buys cares any more.

Again, LOLOLOLOLOL

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why would they announce this? Doesn't that kind of work against their favor? (that was probably badly worded...)

beamquaker said:
is this not 3737 plus roms to late . so it might take a little longer to get anal brain training ten or nintendogs mongrel edition . nintendo deserve everything they get its just karma getting back at nintendo for selling crap like festers quest and ducktales to me when i was ten for 40 gbp .
Ducktales is a great game.
mad.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4 crowd

Nintendo shot themselves in the foot and they shot themselves in the foot again if it'll stop piracy since the measures will pretty much turn out to be a minor inconvenience, since they made one fatal flaw, not using their own government-class security measures on their games like they did on the DSi.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The announcement is fail in itself. Seriously, do they not know the names of "R4-style" cards? The ones we have now are pretty much NOTHING like the R4.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
yikkyon said:
Maybe this is Nintendo's way of warning us that the rom will contain virus code and infecting our PC...?
If thats true, then wait for a big DEMAND (OBJECTION!) against Nintendo. Sony tried to do the same with audio CD's and was a FAIL an lost of money to them.

If is true the clean mode of the flashcarts run as clean, maybe they will be unnafected.

Also, I'm of the people which uses the flashcart to test games and if they are good enough, I'll buy it. Or play Japanese only games.

Also, if nintendo is trying to do this, why we don't tell Nintendo to bring Japanese-only games to America?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here