ROM Hack New Retro Mario Bros.

Tilehacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
Oh, I forgot to 'officially' announce that TileHacker is part of the team... (so far, it's me, him, and 2 testers)

biggrin.gif
Heh... I can host a tiny website for the hack...
I don't have a domain... But I do have a server...
Would'nt just entering the IP of it in the addressbar work?

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Tilehacker said:
jceggbert5 said:
Oh, I forgot to 'officially' announce that TileHacker is part of the team... (so far, it's me, him, and 2 testers)

biggrin.gif
Heh... I can host a tiny website for the hack...
I don't have a domain... But I do have a server...
Would'nt just entering the IP of it in the addressbar work?
Yes, it would (I think, but it needs a public IP address, not one on a network), but unless it has a static IP address, it could change at any time, thus making us find the new IP and make a new link, etc...
hate2.gif

I already have some basic code to start with, and all I need to do is create a few graphics and upload it to a server... (for the moment, it will be webs.com... (unless TileHacker has lots of bandwidth and a static IP...) I think that I will have enough bandwidth...)

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!

I don't do hacks myself, but I can test them out, I got a Acekard 2i on my DSL, and I play it all day long, so I don't mind doing testing, just tell me what to do and look for

If you guys need help that is

Dr.Killa

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to replace marios sprite with the sonic rush sprite? they are both 3d-ish

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr.Killa said:
would it be possible to replace marios sprite with the sonic rush sprite? they are both 3d-ish
You would need to be able to extract the sonic sprite, check formats and import the sonic sprite.

My guess is that they are different formats, as sonic looks more cartooney than mario.
And you will need to do it yourself, because i'm pretty sure we are all devoted mario fans?

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it a website detailing th eproject or a site for u all to share ur work?

just wonderin if its really a good idea advertising the mod after past mods have been forced to 'shut down' by nintendo due to breach of copyright

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Question for everyone following this project:
????? Should I make a page (on the site) that is updated each time I make a 'stable' version of NRMB (like each time the graphics are updated or a new level is made)? ?????
Main releases will not be affected, but this would help keep everyone updated with everything...

I am hoping that the site will be up by Sunday, but not sure yet... (before Demo 3, there is a LONG way to go before that...)

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Posting a website is nice, but as Laughlyn said it might be a bad idea, because too much publicity will get nintendo's attention.
I think it's best to realease a new demo every time a new world gets done (and made stable), and keep it here inside the walls of the temp.
That way if nintendo notices, it's probably already out there and people will be able to get it even if it's shut down.

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
Posting a website is nice, but as Laughlyn said it might be a bad idea, because too much publicity will get nintendo's attention.
I think it's best to realease a new demo every time a new world gets done (and made stable), and keep it here inside the walls of the temp.
That way if nintendo notices, it's probably already out there and people will be able to get it even if it's shut down.
Good point...

I am still going to make it, though (and probably not put it on the net), just for grins and giggles
biggrin.gif
yaynds.gif

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hows things progressing with the mod anyways? it seems crazy i'm looking forward to a rom mod more than i am a multi million £ game like avp lol

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Laughlyn said:
Hows things progressing with the mod anyways? it seems crazy i'm looking forward to a rom mod more than i am a multi million £ game like avp lol
Things are coming along pretty well, as I have 2-3 done and a few new graphics as well... I just started 2-2 last night and 2-4 will be immediately after that...

I have been working day in and day out trying to get the logo to work, but so far, (Nintendo) > BLAK SKRIIN O DEWM, at least on the DS... NO$GBA is fine though... Will try DesMuMe and see what it does...

edit: Check out my blog: My blog at BlogSpot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...