Gaming new psp firmware 3.95

magicpsp123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I bought a psp the other day and it came with firmware 3.95 I have spent the last few days trying to see if my psp can be hacked but I have read yes and no and its rather confusing lol.

So I was wondering if anyone knows if a psp slim that comes with firmrware 3.95 can be hacked ?

Im probaly not gonna hack it if it can be hacked as I will probaly end up messing it up
tongue.gif

Thanks

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Right. You are probably not going to hack it, you just want to know if it can be? =p

There is no way of knowing 100% without trying. I would say theres a good chance custom firmware (CFW) can be installed on it. If you are really not confident in doing it yourself then buy a pandora battery here and buy yourself a legit sony memory stick if you dont have one already (some fakes do work, but some dont so I would stick with sony for this) and google Rain ulttalite MMS maker.

Its so simple even you can do it
smile.gif

magicpsp123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tahnks for the message EmperorOfCanada.

Yeh I wanna know if it can be hacked otherwise im just going to be looking online all the time to see if it can or cant and don't wanna waste money on pandora etc in the future if I decide to hack lol. gonna use it for videos on the go more than gaming
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info may buy a pandora next year
biggrin.gif

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fair enough but Im trying to tell you that with no certainty can anyone say it can or cant be hacked. MOST of the unhackable ones come with firmware 4.xx installed, but that doesnt mean it is impossible that isnt the case for you. If it IS unhackable you cant harm it by trying, so if you are just worried about wasting money then try to find someone local in your area who already has one and will do it for you.

magicpsp123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool thanks would that thing you download by darkalex tell me if its hackable as well? or is that something complicated that may mess my psp up ?

magicpsp123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Law I looked there but the only ones available are from amazon marketplace dont like ordering from there ordered a psp memory card from amazon marketplace yesterday and it aint gonna arrive till next thursday so cant do anything with my psp then as I have no games yet lol

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
magicpsp123 said:
Thanks Law I looked there but the only ones available are from amazon marketplace dont like ordering from there ordered a psp memory card from amazon marketplace yesterday and it aint gonna arrive till next thursday so cant do anything with my psp then as I have no games yet lol

first you can get them from DEAL EXTREME although will take about 2 weeks!

second is it a PHAT or a SLIM?

PHAT battery costs £6.12 free postage

SLIM costs £7.05 free postage

and before you get it do you know what model PSP it is ?? look under the battery and it will give a model number
smile.gif

anything < 3000 you should be able to mod it no problem at all
smile.gif

you wont be able to do much without a pandora anyway apart from a couple of demo games if you have a small mem card you could maby find a couple of demo games to mess with meantime
smile.gif

do you have a USB cable for the PSP its advised you get one to make your MAGIC MEMORY STICK as using card readers can be a PITA sometimes to make them
frown.gif

if you have any questions .... just ask us
smile.gif

magicpsp123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the information kobykann
biggrin.gif

I have a normal memory card from digital cameras but I don't think they fit in the psp ?

I have the usb cable I charge my ps3 controllers up with that fits the psp so will hopefully work
biggrin.gif

model number 2003 so hopefully it can be hacked kinda wanna hack it now sounds interesting
biggrin.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
magicpsp123 said:
thanks for the information kobykann
biggrin.gif

I have a normal memory card from digital cameras but I don't think they fit in the psp ?

I have the usb cable I charge my ps3 controllers up with that fits the psp so will hopefully work
biggrin.gif

model number 2003 so hopefully it can be hacked kinda wanna hack it now sounds interesting
biggrin.gif

no worries and that cable should be fine they are the same cables as with a lot of digital cameras too..

If you have a Sony Ericsson mobile Phone that uses PRO duo cards that would work too
smile.gif

DX also sell 8gb pro duo's about £14 thats what I paid for mine
smile.gif

Doubtful that the mem card outta a camera would work as its most likely a memory stick pro and not a duo and they are thicker in depth so will not fit!

2003 should be fine ... assuming thats a SLIM then?

you would need to get the slim battery altho a phat should fit you may as well get one specific for the job
smile.gif

magicpsp123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool I have plenty of other usb leads as well so im sure 1 will work
biggrin.gif

I dnt have a sony ericsson still have a proper old nokia brick mobile
tongue.gif

I paid £10 for a 2gb one from amazon marketplace it said it works with psp so hopefully it will think its magicgate looks like I got ripped off 8gb for £14 is awesome
biggrin.gif

Yeh psp slim with 3.95 firmware factory loaded on dnt no anything else about it
tongue.gif

Thanks Again
biggrin.gif

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I would get the PHAT Pandora. Phat more easily works in slim than vice versa, and once the CFW is installed he is using the slim battery anyways.

Might as well get the battery that easily works on both models
tongue.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
magicpsp123 said:
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

I paid £10 for a 2gb one from amazon marketplace it said it works with psp so hopefully it will think its magicgate looks like I got ripped off 8gb for £14 is awesome
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Thanks Again
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure the ones on DealExtreme don't support MagicGate.

But since you're in the UK...

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Memory-Stick-PRO...85&showOp=1

£20 for 8GB. MagicGate Compatible (Pretty sure you can't install CFW with an 8GB memory stick, though I could be wrong).

Lelouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
magicpsp123 said:
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Thanks Again
biggrin.gif

£20 for 8GB. MagicGate Compatible (Pretty sure you can't install CFW with an 8GB memory stick, though I could be wrong).

why does it need magicgate compatibility anyway? I used a 4gb from dealextreme today and it all worked great with your help

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Lelouch said:
Law said:
magicpsp123 said:
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Thanks Again
biggrin.gif

why does it need magicgate compatibility anyway? I used a 4gb from dealextreme today and it all worked great with your help

Oh?

Huh, I thought cards that didn't support MagicGate couldn't be used to install CFW (Unless DealExtreme are shipping MG Compatible ones now?).

My mistake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer