new problems playing wfc games with ds-x

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by asalott2, Aug 16, 2008.

Aug 16, 2008
  1. asalott2
    OP

Newcomer asalott2 Newbie

United States
    So I had to patch a couple of the newer games again with an arm7 patcher (ugh!) to get some of the newer games to even work. Now I am having problems with the patched games working over the wfc. I first noticed this problem in the new Madden game and that is unfortunate as I really would like to be able to play online with this game. Is everyone else using this card having the same problem? And has anybody had any success patching this game and being able to play the wfc games online?

I have checked the scorpei wiki and a lot of the newer wfc games are being reported as buggy with the new arm7 patcher especially when it comes to the wfc connection. This sucks as I've had to wait many a year for the ds to start putting out good games with the wfc connection. Now that it seems that they are going to start pumping out titles with this feature, it look like I am going to be having some problems playing them.

Also before it begins (and I know it probably will anyway) I know this cart sucks now and I know there are cheaper cards out there with better capabilities. But I unfortunately spent a pretty penny on this damn cart and I really don't want to have to purchase another cart just for wfc capabilities.

Any help is appreciated. [​IMG]

I should add with the old arm7 patcher I did not have this problem whatsoever. Games would still work with the wfc even after patching.

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Uhm...Did you update to 1.1.3?

v1.1.3 fixes all the Arm7.bin errors. Ya know, the errors that say, "Cannot find save data, turn off your DS and try again" or some crap like that...

Just go download v1.1.3 and you should be set.

3. Virusak

Member Virusak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    it does not, there are lots of games that need a new arm7 fix, for example trauma center 2

4. asalott2
    OP

Newcomer asalott2 Newbie

United States
    updated to 1.1.3 months ago. In the last two months new games have been needing to be patched with the new arm7 patcher. For example, Madden 2009.

5. Bent

Member Bent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Think of it as the second round of required arm7 patching. 1.1.3 only fix the first round.

I am not holding my breath anymore, but I remain hopeful that it will be fixed one day.

6. Virusak

Member Virusak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    by whom? someone would have to make a custom FW and that is not gonna happen

7. Bent

United States
    Don't care really. Just hope it does, by someone.

I still think they must have gotten into some sort of legal trouble over something about the card.

8. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Honestly, even though your DS-X is the only thing you have, just save up for a new flashcart. Trust me, DS-X is not going to make a new firmware.

9. Bent

United States
    I also have an acekard 2, and an old supercard CF that is apparently broken. I have no need for another card, and as I said I am not holding my breath. But I still hope something will happen.