ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get back on topic before this thread gets closed. If you want to rant against hackers and the perceived evils of not sharing that you have, please confine it to PM as this is one of the reasons why the last thread got canned.

Reactions: signz

Newbie1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on topic.

>Datel needs to get their crap together. Release everything in one bulky shot or tear it down. It's stupid to play cat and mouse. I would love to ask their CEO if he knew the money he was losing or could be earning. All we really need is a 6IV/Nature/Hoopa&Volcanion code. Or someone to put up a Hoopa&Volcaion on a Gateway.
^

Powersaves. 6IV/Nature modifiers.

Or, if you're listening Datel, I want all clothes unlocked, including pajammas if you can.

If you're feeling awesome, mind WonderCarding another DNASplicer? I would love to have Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B on my team. They can't be traded anyway, already tried.

Could it be too much trouble to be able to modify the abilities too. Slot 1 set your ability to: Whatever.

Cherish Balls. Is it really that big of a deal that you guys can't add them in? If people can't tell a fake or look online what's an event and what isn't then isn't that their bad. Cherish balls shouldn't be held back cause of the few that might get duped.

Reactions: leowalle

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Everyone DOES want injection. Ask any Pokemon player if they want a way to get Volcanion & Hoopa now. The answer is yes. Don't try that data route with me, man. Won't go anywhere but south.

I don't. I just wanted to know how it works.

The high and mighty, 'we earned it so haha' attitude just makes us envious as well as ticked. You're showboating what you can do and what you've got, teasing with pics. No one cares about the data and what you bring to us if it doesn't fully allow an injection. Those of us without the knowledge do expect to be catered to when Pokegen and such did just that. Those of you who sit on your thrones thinking you can toss us bones without meat on them should of just stayed quiet.
Did he PM you pictures and make fun of you every day?

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if someone have already asked this but, it can backup/restore savedata from NDS games? Or just 3DS games?
3DS only. R4i Save Dongle / SMS4 / NDS Adapter Plus can do it for DS games.
Alright, here's how you can have injection with the only way currently possible (a hacked 3DS).
  1. Buy <4.5 3DS. This shouldn't be too hard.
  2. Learn assembly.
  3. Be capable of writing homebrew for the 3DS.
  4. Dump some RAM, and know the ins and outs of the important service calls.
  5. Spend an absurd amount of time poking through functions in the firmware to find an fwrite, and get it to work.
  6. Get gateway launcher and decrypt it with your new-found knowledge.
  7. Analyze how they do stuff like nand redirection, and replicate it on your own. Steal their firmware patches too! This will take a while.
  8. Get your fwrite working on your up to date nand.
  9. Write some code to run only if a button is pressed - maybe hijack the select multirom code!
  10. Add some RAM dump code to your 'key press' event.
  11. Dump RAM in game.
  12. Scan your RAM dumps to find offsets of interest using your knowledge of past & current gen structures. Tip: Find where the decrypted save data is loaded to. The game will load the box data from there when you access the PC in game.
  13. Change your dump code to instead write whatever payload to your chosen offset.
  14. ???
  15. Profit!
  16. Congrats, you now have injection! Hack up some .ek6's and inject away!
If you can't tell, this is an extreme redux. But, it is the basics of how to inject. Notable risks are bricking your 3DS through gateway or your own bad code; you may want to mod it to be able to flash your nand!

I guess the basic rundown is useful for those wanting to know a little more about how it can be done.
So yeah, it's way over your head and even if someone put out a 'warez' launcher for you, you probably wouldn't be able to work it as it's not something simple like "go to website and queue" or "hurr save edit".

The 3DS games have actual savefile encryption which DS games lacked; the AES-MAC is the only thing that stands in the way of save injection and Powersaves won't do that for you. PokeGen/PokeSAV had it easy with only checksums, now we have checksums, hashes, unique XOR encryption, and AES-MACs to get past first. Your best bet is to get a Gateway and pray that they patch-out out the AES-MAC verification function.

Datel needs to get their crap together. Release everything in one bulky shot or tear it down. It's stupid to play cat and mouse. I would love to ask their CEO if he knew the money he was losing or could be earning. All we really need is a 6IV/Nature/Hoopa&Volcanion code. Or someone to put up a Hoopa&Volcaion on a Gateway.

Or, if you're listening Datel, I want all clothes unlocked, including pajammas if you can.

If you're feeling awesome, mind WonderCarding another DNASplicer? I would love to have Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B on my team. They can't be traded anyway, already tried.

Could it be too much trouble to be able to modify the abilities too. Slot 1 set your ability to: Whatever.

Cherish Balls. Is it really that big of a deal that you guys can't add them in? If people can't tell a fake or look online what's an event and what isn't then isn't that their bad. Cherish balls shouldn't be held back cause of the few that might get duped.
The argument of them losing money by not adding the codes YOU want is invalid. You already bought their device; there is no subscription fee. It's their right to not add whatever codes they want. If you bought the device for the limited amount of codes they already had, what is deterring someone else? Buying something and expecting it to eventually fulfill your every desire is downright idiotic.

Since you don't really follow what has already been posted before (and other assorted tidbits):

1. Datel doesn't want to ruin online. That means no designer codes a la IV/Nature/Ability changing.
  2. Pajamas freeze your game after battle, and don't have a battle sprite.
  3. The save file can only store 1 fused Pokemon at a time; fusing stores a Pokemon and unfusing rips that Pokemon from the save, might give you a bad egg if you do things you shouldn't.
  4. Cherish Balls don't pass through breeding and have never been obtainable; can be argued that they are unreleased or can be used to deceive in event trades (ie, ruin online).
You might want to suggest codes that actually have a chance to be added (like assorted Pokepuffs or Super Training Bags) instead of constantly requesting things that Datel won't add.

Reactions: gamefan5 and KenoDB

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PokePuffs would be GREAT!
All they have to is write to 0x5400 (or 0x84400, depending on which save is edited):
IndexName
00 Empty
01 Sweet Basic Pokepuff
02 Mint Basic Pokepuff
03 Citrus Basic Pokepuff
04 Mocha Basic Pokepuff
05 Spice Basic Pokepuff
06 Sweet Frosted Pokepuff
07 Mint Frosted Pokepuff
08 Citrus Frosted Pokepuff
09 Mocha Frosted Pokepuff
0A Spice Frosted Pokepuff
0B Sweet Fancy Pokepuff
0C Mint Fancy Pokepuff
0D Citrus Fancy Pokepuff
0E Mocha Fancy Pokepuff
0F Spice Fancy Pokepuff
10 Sweet Deluxe Pokepuff
11 Mint Deluxe Pokepuff
12 Citrus Deluxe Pokepuff
13 Mocha Deluxe Pokepuff
14 Spice Deluxe Pokepuff
15 Wish Supreme Pokepuff
16 Honor Supreme Pokepuff
17 Spring Supreme Pokepuff
18 Summer Supreme Pokepuff
19 Fall Supreme Pokepuff
1A Winter Supreme Pokepuff
Probably better for them to do something like an assortment of all the best ones.

For Super Training Bags at 0x24908 (or 0xA3908, depending on which save is edited):
IndexName
00 Empty
01 HP Bag S
02 HP Bag M
03 HP Bag L
04 ATK Bag S
05 ATK Bag M
06 ATK Bag L
07 Def Bag S
08 Def Bag M
09 Def Bag L
0A Sp.A Bag S
0B Sp.A Bag M
0C Sp.A Bag L
0D Sp.D Bag S
0E Sp.D Bag M
0F Sp.D Bag L
10 Speed Bag S
11 Speed Bag M
12 Speed Bag L
13 Strength Bag
14 Toughen Up Bag
15 Swiftness Bag
16 Big-Shot Bag
17 Double-Up Bag
18 Team Flare Bag
19 Reset Bag
1A Soothing Bag
How about some berry growing codes?
Berry growing codes aren't ideal as you can just add your own berries. Even ProjectPokemon hasn't documented how berry fields work...

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
Just been looking at previous posts and if Latiasite was a mistake, they wouldn't have put it in because they would need to deliberately add them and if it was they would've been removed by now.

leowalle

I am awesome so is Black Kyurem so yeah.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like "Modify first 20 puffs to (Winter-Summer-Autumm-Spring) Supreme Puffs". But just 4 codes just with different seasons.

FadeTM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All they have to is write to 0x5400 (or 0x84400, depending on which save is edited):
IndexName
00 Empty
01 Sweet Basic Pokepuff
02 Mint Basic Pokepuff
03 Citrus Basic Pokepuff
04 Mocha Basic Pokepuff
05 Spice Basic Pokepuff
06 Sweet Frosted Pokepuff
07 Mint Frosted Pokepuff
08 Citrus Frosted Pokepuff
09 Mocha Frosted Pokepuff
0A Spice Frosted Pokepuff
0B Sweet Fancy Pokepuff
0C Mint Fancy Pokepuff
0D Citrus Fancy Pokepuff
0E Mocha Fancy Pokepuff
0F Spice Fancy Pokepuff
10 Sweet Deluxe Pokepuff
11 Mint Deluxe Pokepuff
12 Citrus Deluxe Pokepuff
13 Mocha Deluxe Pokepuff
14 Spice Deluxe Pokepuff
15 Wish Supreme Pokepuff
16 Honor Supreme Pokepuff
17 Spring Supreme Pokepuff
18 Summer Supreme Pokepuff
19 Fall Supreme Pokepuff
1A Winter Supreme Pokepuff
Probably better for them to do something like an assortment of all the best ones.

For Super Training Bags at 0x24908 (or 0xA3908, depending on which save is edited):
IndexName
00 Empty
01 HP Bag S
02 HP Bag M
03 HP Bag L
04 ATK Bag S
05 ATK Bag M
06 ATK Bag L
07 Def Bag S
08 Def Bag M
09 Def Bag L
0A Sp.A Bag S
0B Sp.A Bag M
0C Sp.A Bag L
0D Sp.D Bag S
0E Sp.D Bag M
0F Sp.D Bag L
10 Speed Bag S
11 Speed Bag M
12 Speed Bag L
13 Strength Bag
14 Toughen Up Bag
15 Swiftness Bag
16 Big-Shot Bag
17 Double-Up Bag
18 Team Flare Bag
19 Reset Bag
1A Soothing Bag
Berry growing codes aren't ideal as you can just add your own berries. Even ProjectPokemon hasn't documented how berry fields work...

Kaphotics do you know if there are more unreleased clothes ingame? and is it possible to use for example team flare clothes or they are texture-models-only for those npc? also the item that said to add all clothes, really works or is only a placeholder? if so do you think they can add it to unlock them? thnks

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They should just add a change natures and abilities code-it doesn't affect the game other than making it easier to get something you would otherwise have to breed for and also some HA are blocked from trade and online modes so it wouldn't matter

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
They should just add a change natures and abilities code-it doesn't affect the game other than making it easier to get something you would otherwise have to breed for and also some HA are blocked from trade and online modes so it wouldn't matter
Yeah but the natures have an affect on you pokemons stats such as their IV's so it's basically changing your stats of a pokemon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY