ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 6 gen Pokemon will have the mark. Mew won't get it.

Not true. Previous generation Pokemon get the mark if they are obtained via event or if they are bred in game (both the event Torchic and event Celebi have the mark). Mew could get the pentagon if they release him via a X/Y event.

Simon Blackquill

Trophies
XP
Country
Not true. Previous generation Pokemon get the mark if they are obtained via event or if they are bred in game (both the event Torchic and event Celebi have the mark). Mew could get the pentagon if they release him via a X/Y event.

I'm talking about the wonder card code, of course they can get the pentagon, just not with this code.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anybody is interested. Have you ever wanted to use PKHeX to view your boxes and individual Pokemon files like in Pokegen but didn't have the nerve to try the means needed to partially decrypt the file?

There is a new tool by swarzesherz (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37269-X-Y-Save-File-Research/page5) that will take your Powersaves Pokemon backups and do the dirty work for you. If you could configure KeySav and its various iterations, then you can use these tools. Just follow his directions. There is one that is kind of unclear. When he says "Run game, go to selection language, and exit from the game," it literally means get to the language select screen, press home, and then close the game. Don't select a language. The rest is self explanatory.

When you open the file in PKHeX, it will say that it is not fully decrypted. That is normal (we can't do that yet.) When it ask do you want to load the save at location (x), just say yes.

thagrouch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anybody is interested. Have you ever wanted to use PKHeX to view your boxes and individual Pokemon files like in Pokegen but didn't have the nerve to try the means needed to partially decrypt the file?

There is a new tool by swarzesherz (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37269-X-Y-Save-File-Research/page5) that will take your Powersaves Pokemon backups and do the dirty work for you. If you could configure KeySav and its various iterations, then you can use these tools. Just follow his directions. There is one that is kind of unclear. When he says "Run game, go to selection language, and exit from the game," it literally means get to the language select screen, press home, and then close the game. Don't select a language. The rest is self explanatory.

When you open the file in PKHeX, it will say that it is not fully decrypted. That is normal (we can't do that yet.) When it ask do you want to load the save at location (x), just say yes.

how does one access his backups ? i have never tried this method before.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does one access his backups ? i have never tried this method before.

It can be found by looking in your main hard drive (C: usually.) Then open the users folder. Next open whatever your admin folder is named. In that folder, you will find a folder named Powesaves3DS. They are in there. It is worth noting that you should make a backup of the file that you are using and store it in a place that will be easy for you to find.

Reactions: thagrouch

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you guy tell me what codes these games have(and if they have codes)
Animal Crossing NL
Harvest moon a new beginning
Luigi's Mansion 2
Zelda OOT 3D
Mario and Luigi's Dream team
One Piece Romance Dawn
Pokemon Y(i know this one has it,but dont know what codes)
Rune Factory 4
and New Yoshi's Island
these are all the games that i have(that are not digital)

thagrouch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing NL
Luigi's Mansion 2
Zelda OOT 3D
One Piece Romance Dawn
Rune Factory 4
and New Yoshi's Island

I can tell you only a couple that I also have that i have tested with.

Luigis Mansion - has no codes but has saves you can apply, at differnt stages of the game, they have one before the final boss, and after the final boss

Animal crossing - has various items you can place onto your person (furniture mostly) and various money codes. the only usefull item here is the money codes, so you can have more money than you can ever spend in the game, then just go and actually play the game.

Pokemon Y - is the same as X and is always being discussed but to keep it short .... you can add pokemon, obtain certain events that have been released. make a pokemone shiny or un-shiny. select which ball it comes in. max your money, pokemiles, maison points out, receive all tm/hm's change the forms of vivillion, gourgeist, floette. hatch eggs faster, obtain all o-powers and level S o-powers.

Yoshi's island - another save state game, you can unlock various points int he game.

thats all i have

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing NL
Luigi's Mansion 2
Zelda OOT 3D
One Piece Romance Dawn
Rune Factory 4
and New Yoshi's Island

For ACNL they do have codes for some valuable sets. 7/11 (I think missing the shirt), cardboard, the zodiac dlc (missing aries rocking chair), and the weeding day set are some examples. Oh, and golden tools were added yesterday

ToshiCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love if for ACNL to have codes to get region exclusive items, such as beans, grapes, and sparkling cider.
Also the 7-11 Items!!! :D

thagrouch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed ^^^ I got mine for originally 19.99. Had a gift card for amazon laying around at 10$ so after all was said and done I paid 15.99 ish. Well worth the money.

Aizenmyouou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing NL
Luigi's Mansion 2
Zelda OOT 3D
One Piece Romance Dawn
Rune Factory 4
and New Yoshi's Island

Do you not have a Powersaves? (..you could just plug them in and check if so...)

Anyways, nothing for Rune Factory 4 and only a lame SAVED GAME with maxed out money for HM:NB (no actual codes you can apply).
... Unless it changed since yesterday, which is when I last checked. :)

EDIT: Squeee~ I didn't see that they'd added golden tools for AC:NL! *happy dance*

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used the wonder card cheat to get me a steelix also some other pokemon but all of them are showing up as lvl 98 and don't know why so now i have a lvl 98 steelix with one move hidden power :( and for the life of me i don't know how to use that cheat to get one of a lower lvl so help me out guys. thanks in advance.

I payed $20 for my powersaves from amazon. :D

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used the wonder card cheat to get me a steelix also some other pokemon but all of them are showing up as lvl 98 and don't know why so now i have a lvl 98 steelix with one move hidden power :( and for the life of me i don't know how to use that cheat to get one of a lower lvl so help me out guys. thanks in advance.

Just save before you pick up the event pokemon from the lady in the Pokemon Center. The levels, IV's, natures, and abilities (if it has more than one) are all random. If you get a level, IV, nature, or ability that you don't want, then just reset without saving, reload your save, and pick it up again. You will get a different set of stats. For instance, I had to do this for about a half hour to get a unreleased HA legendary, but I eventually got one. It is just really tedious at times to do it though.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just save before you pick up the event pokemon from the lady in the Pokemon Center. The levels, IV's, natures, and abilities (if it has more than one) are all random. If you get a level, IV, nature, or ability that you don't want, then just reset without saving, reload your save, and pick it up again. You will get a different set of stats. For instance, I had to do this for about a half hour to get a unreleased HA legendary, but I eventually got one. It is just really tedious at times to do it though.

Thanks for you help :D now im gonna have some fun!!!!

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also been getting a no hardware found any one other then me getting that? I think the usb cable may be bad don't won't to replace it unless i know 100% it is that the no hardware found has started happening today and is doing it a lot.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting note (its powersave related so I thought I'd post)

I put a pokemon in for trade in the GTS in a older version of my game(that holds the everstone). (I accidentally released a pokemon holding my everstone)
Revert my save to the current game and the pokemon doesn't automatically come back.

Thus what I'm getting too, my pokemon is in the GTS and up for trade.
Will be seeing if I can trade with myself. (To see if I can evolve pokemon I need to evolve without trading)

-EDIT-

Using powersave I just completed that trade. lol

Reactions: signz and thagrouch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work