New/old 3ds + exploit, unavailable, overpriced, NO!! calm down!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tivanh, Dec 1, 2014.

1. tivanh
    OP

tivanh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    I keep seeing that the new 3ds is now overpriced and an old 3ds xl 4.5 is hard to come buy (mind the punt by/ buy lol).

OK lets clarify, there is no issue and hasn't been at least here in Australia getting a exploitable 3ds, standard or xl. On ebay or gumtree you can easily find a 3ds <4.5 for $200, 3ds xl 4.5<for $250 or a brand new in the box 3ds xl <4.5 for $270, and there has been no short supply unless your expecting a yellow pichacho' (whatever it's name is) original new or something.

The new, NEW' 3ds xl is freely available in most common online/offline retailers like ebgame for $249.00. It seems after gw announcement people are going stir crazy, and i'd hate to see people profiteer like the $649.00 units we see on ebay.

If your in OZ, a noob and chasing, send me a pm and i'll hook you up with the unit. No gw or anything else, just a unit compatible.( generally i'll be referring links to ads, nothing in it for me).........

2. Crass

Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

Nov 3, 2006
    United States
    Oregon
    Sounds legit!

3. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Grab a Japanese one if you're getting a Gateway, makes no difference.

4. Relf

Relf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2010
    Canada
    Except in the E-Shop, no?

MrFahrenheit39 likes this.
  5. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Awesome idea, I also thought about doing this but due to thr nature of my job in Aus I wouldn't have the time, unfortunately.

In other news, next monday I'm getting my new N3DS :lol:

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I wouldn't do that, it makes updates a pain...
    Not to mention the system apps and menus will all be in Japanese, and you won't be able to Download Play with non-JPN 3DSes.

filfat, Ericss and mech like this.
  7. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    On the other hand, if you are in the US you will have the same issues with Australian systems (other than Japanese text). As I am studying Japanese, it makes far more sense for me to pay $40 less to get a Japanese 3ds than a Australian one.

Of course, optimally I would get a US region one. However, odds are Nintendo is going to patch this before the US release, and thus no US systems will have the exploit.

Huntereb likes this.
  8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Yeah pretty much, and the Japanese units are far cheaper, I've seen them for about $175 USD on import stores.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Personally I'd wait and see. They might come with 9.x, who knows.

10. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Here is my prediciment:

Option One: Purchase a Japanese New 3ds LL Now for ~$175, get it here, and update it before Nintendo Patches whatever the exploit is
    Option Two: Wait until NA New 3DS Releases, get that if supported, else get Japanese New 3ds and wait for a game to include 9.X
    Option Three: Wait until NA New 3ds Releases, get that if supported, else get Australian New 3ds (comes with 9.X, no wait for a game to include it)

Option one is the fastest, option two and three can have the best features for me (eShop, no region free messing)

11. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    So you can't hook me up with a yellow pistachio model? Well, then never mind.

rishard10212 likes this.
  12. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    option 4: buy a PAL one which is all in English and comes with 9.0 already so no time limits to hit before a patch comes out :)

13. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Meanwhile in Europe we need still wait.
    But I'm happy enough with my 3ds xl.

14. Doumekxkai

Doumekxkai Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2014
    I stil doubtous about to buy an AU N3DS or a JP.
    The JP has a god blessed price(€ > Yen), but the jp lang is a serious matter, I don't know japanese, so... it's a problem.
    I think i will wait to after christmas and watch how it develops.

If only the lang could be patched in emunand.... hahaha Dreaming is free ;_; .