New Notification To Update System? From 10.5?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Noelemahc, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Noelemahc
    OP

Noelemahc GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    What it says on the tin, folks.

Running an O3DS with 9.2E that Menuhax-autoboots-into-AuReiNAND which has 10.5E on it, and an update notification just popped up.

Backing up the everything as I type this, let's see what new stability they have in store for us?

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    There doesn't appear to be an update. Did you downgrade any of the system titles on emunand? Perhaps you are getting the notice on sysnand. I was able to access eShop and did not get prompted to update....

cvskid likes this.
  3. Classicgamer

Classicgamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2012
    United States
    I agree with Apache thunder. I had my whitelist downgraded and eshop updated it out lol

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    cvskid likes this.
  5. Noelemahc
    OP

Jan 28, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Huh. I have been messing around with the whitelist, but does that mean I'm going to keep getting update nags now?

6. raynor_ni

raynor_ni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    same here... 4.5 sysnand / 10.5 emunand and an update prompt. Only thing i have possibly done that would count as downgrading, maybe, would be patched AGB_FIRM?

7. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    If I install patched AGB FIRM, will I get update nags?

8. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Probably, unless you use 3DNUS to download a copy of the whitelist and have it spoof the version to 65535, then the eShop can never bug you about it (or use Free multi Patcher before entering the eShop).

9. Apache Thunder

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Version spoof the white list if you are using it to boot DS flashcard in emunand. (CakesFW is about the only cfw that allows you to boot DS games from emunand though. Unless Reinand also allows this? I do know it's the MCU reboot patch that breaks things since o3DS needs it on emunand for games like Smash to work since those games need more memory. (the n3DS I think does not need to reboot hence why DS stuff may have better compatibility with CFWs on emunand. Except Gateway. They are probably patching that anyway even though they don't need to. :P )

If you downgrade TWL_FIRM or DS Cart White list (or any other system title), eShop/NIM will catch that and ask you to update. Updating will end up replacing the downgraded titles with the up to date ones. :P

Also, the DS Cart White list is stored in TWLN. Thus emunand's TWL_FIRM may be reading the one from sysnand. It may be pointless downgrading DS Cart White list in emunand. Though you can downgrade TWL_FIRM on emunand because I do know the CXI for it is loaded from emunand. ;)

Last edited by Apache Thunder, Jan 29, 2016
    Noelemahc likes this.
  10. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    A bit off-topic, but yeah, it works on my N3DS with ReiNand. YMMV though.

11. Apache Thunder

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Yeah n3DS users seem to report working DS mode from emunand. o3DS is another story though. :P

I don't have any games that need the reboot patch, so I have it disabled in CakesFW. :D

daxtsu likes this.
  12. Pikasack

Pikasack What is a title

Apr 27, 2015
    Canada
    Huh, I'm able to boot my DS mode flashcart in RxTools 10.5U EmuNAND on o3ds...

kiwiis likes this.
  13. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    Using a certain homebrew program or triggering a certain file can cause the old notification for the 9.6.0 update to appear. This happens to me on a daily basis, and its super annoying, and I though it meant 10.6 at first, too.

14. Noelemahc
    OP

Jan 28, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    AuReiNAND (aka ReiNAND-Mod) lets you toggle between "big-memory 3DS games" mode and "I'd rather play DS games with no hassle" mode for O3DS. N3DS doesn't have this problem.
    Ah, THAT was what I was doing wrong! Thank you!

15. Robmead23

Robmead23 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Robmead23 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2015
    Same here I go a flash card but can't remember what one but works perfect on emunand and only cost about £6

16. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I don't have any CFW. My System Firmware is on 10.5 and I got an update notification from Nintendo advising me a new update (v9.6) was available. I guess it was just a glitch on Nintendo's side.

17. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The

Yeah I remember that I need to install the ds whitelist cia into sysnand or else it won't work.

Also, I installed the flashcard timewarp cia, I think that is a spoofed version of the ds whitelist. never had a update notification caused by that

18. Kyouken

Kyouken Repairer of the Breach

Oct 31, 2015
    United States
    GBATemp
    IIRC the title for AGB_FIRM isn't actually included in updates, or something to that effect. Someone please correct me on that since I don't remember fully what I read, but it shouldn't matter.

19. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    agb firm is always included in online updates, but never on cartridge updates. On somestock firmware it isn't even included

Kyouken likes this.
  20. MasterLel

MasterLel /x69/x73/x73/x6f/x75

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    3 days ago I also got a update notification for no reason, and my emunand was already on 10.5... Don't know why.