Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How dare you call that

this

61MpVLSjmrL._SX425_.jpg

That is gorgeous

The clone if it even has the rights to be called that needs to burn in fire.

If you look at its design they look the same the only difference is where it's touch screen is

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just want to say, WRONG FORUM C:

POINT out many times you people are so full of yourselves you act like people don't make mistakes

Reactions: Deleted User

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Never buy imitations as they are usually made cheap, have no real warranty and I think it goes without saying, no real support. If this breaks or breaks a cart I bet you won't get a refund. I have heard horrible things about these.

Also isn't trying to push a product technically spamming, especially when it's in the wrong forum.

D

Deleted User

you can emulate PS2
Be prepared for slow-as-hell speeds where that is concerned. :P
Not even my 8GB RAM laptop with a 2GHz quad-core processor can emulate PS2 games at a decent-enough speed. :unsure: And that's even with the best settings!

SSG Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be prepared for slow-as-hell speeds where that is concerned. :P
Not even my 8GB RAM laptop with a 2GHz quad-core processor can emulate PS2 games at a decent-enough speed. :unsure: And that's even with the best settings!

That sucks bro hopefully the community will be able to fix the speed issues with PS2 games in the future

Reactions: Deleted User

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're curious of the land of clone-looking emulation machines, this isn't their first or last machine.
GPD is the company (GamePad Digital) and you can find sections about them on some other forum communities.
They've had other android devices with model numbers G5A, G7 and Q9 at the least (in no particular order).
The XD is the only clamshell, though, the others are more like your typical tablet with side controls setup.

They also are in the process of making a Cherry Trail, Windows 10-based machine (which I actually have pre-ordered) called the GPD Win.
It inherits a good deal of design from the XD, with a 3DS-like clamshell, but adds a keyboard (albeit oddly placed) and more stuff you can do (run old/indie PC games).

As for the topic of the XD itself, I hear the first ones had production issues but have been mostly fixed and people's gripes are more with some design elements.
For instance, the sticks don't click for L3/R3 and software updates are manual rather than OTA as people generally expect from Android.
If someone was in the market for such a thing, though, I'd probably say to give it a shot based on what I've head of it.

Reactions: SSG Vegeta
D

Deleted User

It reminds me so much of the Pandora console that the OpenPandora company used to make back in 2008. However, that console ran a linux-based system, and it isn't as good as the modern GPD-XD consoles we see today.

256px-PandoraFront.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_(console)

I was also tempted to buy this a few months ago, but when I saw the price of it, I was disgusted at the prices of the models with the highest specs! (They were around €330.00 brand new for one with a 1.1GHz processor If I remember... :wacko:)
Then again, OpenPandora didn't really shift many of these back aound 7-8 years ago, so that probably adds to the reason why they are quite high in price still.

The N64 emulation on a Pandora is as sweet as the GPD consoles as well! I once came across a video of someone running Super Mario 64 on it, and I think it was running at full speed.

But that's just N64. Nothing of better significance worth noting about the Pandora, emulator-wise. But with a GPD, I bet we'd be able to run all sorts of other console emulators, such as PS1, because of the fact that the GPD is Android-based and has way better specs than the Pandora! :)

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems pretty cool, if it can handle PS1 emulation I might buy it one day. However, the thing is extremely ugly and I don't want to walk around with something that looks like a cheap 3DS knockoff. It's kind of embarrassing.

SSG Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're curious of the land of clone-looking emulation machines, this isn't their first or last machine.
GPD is the company (GamePad Digital) and you can find sections about them on some other forum communities.
They've had other android devices with model numbers G5A, G7 and Q9 at the least (in no particular order).
The XD is the only clamshell, though, the others are more like your typical tablet with side controls setup.

They also are in the process of making a Cherry Trail, Windows 10-based machine (which I actually have pre-ordered) called the GPD Win.
It inherits a good deal of design from the XD, with a 3DS-like clamshell, but adds a keyboard (albeit oddly placed) and more stuff you can do (run old/indie PC games).

As for the topic of the XD itself, I hear the first ones had production issues but have been mostly fixed and people's gripes are more with some design elements.
For instance, the sticks don't click for L3/R3 and software updates are manual rather than OTA as people generally expect from Android.
If someone was in the market for such a thing, though, I'd probably say to give it a shot based on what I've head of it.

Which model would you recommend friend :)

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which model would you recommend friend :)
I put it as an edit in my first post here, but I don't blame you for missing it; I've not been in this market since the Dingoo A320 (nowadays, no reason for it) and PSP.
If you're talking about GPD Android stuffs in general, the XD is the most recent, so if you try one I'd say that (I hear it's fairly cheap now).
However, I don't have any direct experience with these, and even the Win has clear flaws before it's even been made, so I'm not a great source.

I've just been constantly refreshing another forum for Win stuff, to be honest, and know of the others because it's a GPD subforum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...