new member and i REALLY need some help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sincerely; zach, Dec 4, 2008.

Dec 4, 2008
  1. sincerely; zach
    OP

Newcomer sincerely; zach Newbie

United States
    okay so for the last few days me and my buddy have been trying to mod his Wii. we've been
    all over these forums along with MANY others and have followed MANY step by step instructions
    and nothing seems to be working. and we're having the TOUGHEST time to get wad manager/wad installer
    to even show up on the damn HBC. we do have HBC correctly installed but we cannot get the wads to
    even show up. we're both positive we're putting the boot.elf folder in the right place and
    everything. we're thinking it might be the firmware, we're currently at 3.1u...could that have
    anythong to do with it?

we need help...anyone?

2. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Yup - your problem is your using ELF files
    any of the recent installers use DOL files - so whatever your using its old

click the link in my signature - and follow the steps

3. DrHectic

Newcomer DrHectic Advanced Member

Australia
    The folder structure in your sd should be like this:
    X:/Apps/Wad Manager - within this folder should be your boot.dol as well as an icon.png and meta.xml

You're also going to have to make a folder in your sd card root called 'wad' eg X:/Wad and you place all your wad files in there.

Is your card formatted in FAT/FAT16? It may help to remove all gc memory cards that happen to be plugged in as well.

Hope this helped

4. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Technically , you dont need the icon.png - they just make the wad manager look pretty. The meta.xml just names the file and gives details on it.

I have pretty much all the files you may need in the correct structure on my zip - you can add in wads if you wish - be very careful with wads - they can brick your wii.

If your going to play with these , try upgrading to version 3.2u (using the iso downgrader (i know , bad name)) and install starfall to make life a little safer for yourself.

5. sincerely; zach
    OP

Newcomer sincerely; zach Newbie

United States
    wow djtaz you just made mine and my buddies life SO much easier you link/download
    worked perfectly..THAAAANK YOUUUU..now we're just struggling to play backed up games off the backup launcher
    haha its not going as smoothly

6. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    yeah baby , Djtaz is a good man and deserve all the thanks , happy for you guys enjoy [​IMG]