New Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dialexio, Mar 17, 2009.

Mar 17, 2009

New Here by Dialexio at 2:12 AM (961 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Dialexio
    OP

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I honestly have no clue why I never posted this before. [​IMG]

Anyways... I'm Alex, and I'm quite a geek. I'm in New York City and attend school. I like Warner Bros. cartoons (Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, etc.), acting (?) insane, and Apple (I try to keep a neutral voice in the flamewar).

I started getting more interested in hacking the Wii around the Wii Shop Channel update. (I have an NTSC Wii, by the way.) I bounced back and forth a bit on the System Menu version, and most recently "soft-updated" to 3.4 for some reason (Just the System Menu; I got the Mii CHannel and IOS50 when SoftChip still had a Mii Channel updater). I have a mad collection of WADs from NTSC games for some weird reason, too.

I have a near-launch DS (Metroid Prime demo and DS manual typo whoo) that shows its age (a ding and some paint chips). I bought a DS Lite in fear of the DSi, which to my dismay had the yellow tint issue. It is now awaiting the shipping label to Nintendo. Ho hum.

That is all. (I think.)

2. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Glad to have you aboard. [​IMG]

Until you tell us the origin of your name, I'm calling you Dyslexio.

[​IMG] What? That's how I read it at first glance.

3. NDStemp

Member NDStemp GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp

Canada
    Lol Vulpes. Anyways, welcome Alex!

4. Dialexio
    OP

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    ... [​IMG]

If you must know the (lame) story: I wanted to come up with some random name for Mario Kart DS when I jumped onto the random Wi-Fi matches. (Please don't ask for my Friend Code; I'll almost never be on due to my current Wi-Fi setup.) Piece by piece of the name, I came up with "Dialexio." The fact it has "alex" in it was coincidental; I didn't realize it until... maybe 8 or 9 months after coming up with it.

5. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    greetings mortal!