New gateway and blue card Q's

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by blinkzane, Dec 19, 2014.

1. blinkzane
    OP

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    So I just received my gateway in the mail today, and I'm at firmware 9.2.0. I know I can't do anything with the red card yet, but what about the blue card? and If so, are there any instructions out there? I've already tried a few different methods, but at this point I am assuming it's not possible so I'm not going to try anything else in case of bricking.

2. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    you can't do anything with the blue card either at this point. and unless GW changes anything to make it work on higher firmware versions, you'll probably never end up using the blue card.

blinkzane likes this.
  3. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    Okay, thanks. thats all I really wanted to know. I just wanted to make a little use of it while I was waiting for the next gateway update to release lol.

4. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    yeah. the blue card only works to install the 4.x exploit (we still don't know if it will be used for the other firmwares) and to play DS roms since it's a cheap copy of a DS flashcart. however since it is a cheap copy, the firmware of the blue card is seriously outdated and so it doesn't work in higher firmware versions of the 3DS

blinkzane likes this.
  5. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    if you have a ds/ds lite/dsi/dsi xl you can use that on them.

6. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    This is the thread you're looking for:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/analysis-on-the-gateway-3ds-blue-cart-updateable.357103/

It's a bit of a hefty thread, but you might be able to use the blue card as a DS flashcart if someone's bothered to create a custom update that'll work with 9.2. Well, actually, it looks like it's not possible, but that thread will explain why I think. I'm at work now, so I can't look through it all now and report, but feel free to do so yourself.

7. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    I might grab one just for that since they're fairly cheap now.

sweet! thanks. I will start paying attention to it more.