Hacking New gateway and blue card Q's

  • Thread starter Thread starter blinkzane
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,613
  • Replies Replies 6

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2012
Messages
947
Reaction score
443
Trophies
1
Location
Florida
XP
1,658
Country
United States
So I just received my gateway in the mail today, and I'm at firmware 9.2.0. I know I can't do anything with the red card yet, but what about the blue card? and If so, are there any instructions out there? I've already tried a few different methods, but at this point I am assuming it's not possible so I'm not going to try anything else in case of bricking.
 
So I just received my gateway in the mail today, and I'm at firmware 9.2.0. I know I can't do anything with the red card yet, but what about the blue card? and If so, are there any instructions out there? I've already tried a few different methods, but at this point I am assuming it's not possible so I'm not going to try anything else in case of bricking.

you can't do anything with the blue card either at this point. and unless GW changes anything to make it work on higher firmware versions, you'll probably never end up using the blue card.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blinkzane
you can't do anything with the blue card either at this point. and unless GW changes anything to make it work on higher firmware versions, you'll probably never end up using the blue card.

Okay, thanks. thats all I really wanted to know. I just wanted to make a little use of it while I was waiting for the next gateway update to release lol.
 
Okay, thanks. thats all I really wanted to know. I just wanted to make a little use of it while I was waiting for the next gateway update to release lol.

yeah. the blue card only works to install the 4.x exploit (we still don't know if it will be used for the other firmwares) and to play DS roms since it's a cheap copy of a DS flashcart. however since it is a cheap copy, the firmware of the blue card is seriously outdated and so it doesn't work in higher firmware versions of the 3DS
 
  • Like
Reactions: blinkzane
I just wanted to make a little use of it while I was waiting for the next gateway update to release lol.

This is the thread you're looking for:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/analysis-on-the-gateway-3ds-blue-cart-updateable.357103/

It's a bit of a hefty thread, but you might be able to use the blue card as a DS flashcart if someone's bothered to create a custom update that'll work with 9.2. Well, actually, it looks like it's not possible, but that thread will explain why I think. I'm at work now, so I can't look through it all now and report, but feel free to do so yourself.
 
if you have a ds/ds lite/dsi/dsi xl you can use that on them.

I might grab one just for that since they're fairly cheap now.

This is the thread you're looking for:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/analysis-on-the-gateway-3ds-blue-cart-updateable.357103/

It's a bit of a hefty thread, but you might be able to use the blue card as a DS flashcart if someone's bothered to create a custom update that'll work with 9.2. I'm at work now, so I can't look through it all now and report, but feel free to do so yourself.

sweet! thanks. I will start paying attention to it more.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted