New Gameboy Flash Cart

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this and thought I would share. This looks awesome if your into retro gaming on older units.
1446usp.jpg

http://gameboydev.org/

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks awesome especially the clear case and red PCB, and it has a built-in LED (just like the DS-X).
The one on the website doesn't look like it has a SD slot though.
unsure.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
Holy Shit!!!! $65!!! i may want a GB© cart but there is absolutely no way i am paying $65 for that!!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
What are you talking about? That's a fantastic, cheap, price. You must just be spoiled by the retardedly cheap prices of DS flashcarts. Which are way TOO cheap.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
Holy Shit!!!! $65!!! i may want a GB© cart but there is absolutely no way i am paying $65 for that!!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
If there is less quantity of something available, then the price goes up, that's economics 101. And flashcart hardware is pretty much mainstream anymore. I actually know a guy IRL who visits the site here at school for technical help.
tongue.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there will be a GBA emulator available for it?

HAH, I KILL ME! [/alf]

Honestly, this looks half cool, and i understand its purpose, but it seems like too much too late. Unless there's some killer homebrew chiptune editors/trackers available for GB... THAT would be rad.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WildWon said:
Unless there's some killer homebrew chiptune editors/trackers available for GB... THAT would be rad.
And that's why most of those flashcards are made nowadays, trackers like LSDJ or nanoloop
smile.gif

EDIT: Here's a LSDJ example:

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
It looks awesome especially the clear case and red PCB, and it has a built-in LED (just like the DS-X).
unsure.gif

That's because it doesn't have an SD slot. This is a flash cart, not an SD card adaptor like all of those so called 'DS flashcarts'.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
eyeball226 said:
DeMoN said:
unsure.gif

That's because it doesn't have an SD slot. This is a flash cart, not an SD card adaptor like all of those so called 'DS flashcarts'.
Thing is that the prototype PCB posted in the OP features an SD slot.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gameguy95 said:
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

I think it's a good deal, It always bothered me that I couldn't play GB/GBC games off my G6 Flash without using Goomba (cause of the voltage problem). The price is really not high, my G6 Flash 4G and Passcard 3 cost like $100 less than 4 years ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1