New Flash Cart Opinions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by c_house, Jul 17, 2010.

Jul 17, 2010

New Flash Cart Opinions by c_house at 3:37 PM (1,362 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. c_house
    OP

Member c_house GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm thinking about getting a new flash cart since my Acekard 2i is going wonky. Any suggestions? I have a 1.4 DSi.

2. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    If you want GBA emulation, get the DSTWO. That's just one of the amazing things about the DSTWO. The automatic patching is amazing. Free cheat is cool. If you can dish out ~$40, I totally recommend the DSTWO.

3. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Depends...

You could get another Acekard 2i, which is good if you just want to play some DS games with homebrew support; your basic cart.

OR

You could get a SuperCard DSTWO if you want DS games, homebrew and GBA support on the same cart but don't mind shelling out a bit more for it.

Either that or you could treat yourself to the nice R4i collection... which is good if you hate yourself.

4. c_house
    OP

United States
    Ya... Defiantly not an R4, been thinking about the DSTWO... Also the M3i Zero. Does anyone have a personal experience with that cart?

5. riverchen

Member riverchen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's like a DS2 with less features and cheaper.

Also, just a lil rant, but the R4ui was actually a great r4i actually! The build quality was okay, and they supported most games until they stopped updating FW

6. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I bought an M3i Zero, I wouldn't recommend it.
    Just bad experiences to be honest, first there was the faulty USB flashing cable I got, forcing me to buy a second one, then there was the firmware which was flashy with its moonshell functions but wasn't all that useful.
    It couldn't play games at a respectable speed on a good microSD (the same I had used in my acekard), and the updates come too slowly.

Really, in my opinion you should just buy another Acekard 2i.
    If you want your flashcart to do more, definitely get the DStwo.

7. pichon64

Member pichon64 GBAtemp Fan

Uruguay
    I have a M3i Zero and like it a lot, although is getting a little slow on the update department. I also have a Supercard DSTwo and all I can say is that I LOVE IT.

8. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You already have a DSTWO in your signature, so you shouldn't be asking us what to get... as an Acekard owner, you should also have an opinion of it. So only you can decide which flashcart you want.

9. c_house
    OP

United States
    I just put that there because it's one of the first things I saw when I was setting that up. But I don't like how much it costs. Don't want to get another Acekard either... Tough choice...

10. Scott-105

Canada
    The extra price is worth it...Trust me on that one

11. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Well, you could maybe try the EZ Flash Vi.
    http://gbatemp.net/t239947-ez5i-long-term-review

12. c_house
    OP

United States
    Ok... I think I'll get a DSTWO. They better get that SNES emulator out though.

13. Scott-105

Canada
    I want SNES as well.

14. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    If I were buying a cart for myself, i'd get the DSTWO without hesitation. Personally I think it's well worth the extra $. People complain about the price, but it's still cheaper than a lot of retail games and does a whole lot more.

15. c_house
    OP

United States
    Ya... I guess your right. Is there any word about a Genesis emulator being developed for the DSTWO? My friend is a Sega junky.

EDIT: The build of it is kind of scary though. Only one jewelry screw holding it together? I think there should at least be three.

16. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    I have one of these cheap 1:1 R4 clones which has a single screw at the back, and the build quality is better than on my Acekards. One should be enough, but it's a cart you should take care of really.

I too would love a full speed Genesis emulator.

17. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    ^i have one exactly like that but it is not a clone
    i tried to use my DSL to flash my M3i0 because the update cable did not work and then i thought "i think it should be done, let's try it out" and then right after that, i could never use that M3i0 or DSL again because the M3i0 blew the fuses for the charger and battery so it won't charge or turn on.
    btw: if someone could link me to a page where i could buy replacement fuses because i can't find any and if i use the "solder trick" and something like this happens again, my DSL's motherboard would be fried and permanently unusable