New firmware/kernel causing problems, need help

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Relle, Jul 19, 2010.

Jul 19, 2010
  1. Relle

Newcomer Relle Member

May 28, 2008
    United States
    First off, I already posted this on the official EZ-Flash forums and have not yet received a solution, so I'm hoping someone here will know what to do.

Now then, I have an EZ-Flash Vi card (805 H) and a DS Lite, and a Sandisk 4GB SDHC (4). I unzipped the 101 firmware/3.0B kernel to my card, which initially caused a lot of random freezing before I could actually run the update.nds file. It ran successfully, I rebooted with the new kernel and I continued having lots of random freezes. I get black screens when turning it on after the initial 'Nintendo DS' screen, hang-ups on the splash loading screen, random crashes as I load a game whether or not cheats are on, etc. The thing is, it doesn't always crash in the same spot. Sometimes I get crashes upon loading the game menu telling me english.ini can't be loaded, sometimes it works fine. I formatted the SD card repeatedly both before and after I upgraded the firmware and used the program they recommend (some Panasonic thing).

So, I have no idea what to do. Sometimes I can get all the way to actually loading a game (which may or may not freeze as I'm loading a save) sometimes I can't even get to the system menu. This thing worked just fine before, and the update didn't hang midway, so...what's wrong here?
  2. toejam316

Member toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2007
    New Zealand
    Copy anything you want off the Micro SD, then use the Panasonic SD Formatter to format the Micro SD.
    put a fresh copy of 3.0 OB 1 on your Micro SD, along with your ROMS and Saves, and game on.