New Fire Emblem 3DS Details

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by heartgold, Feb 10, 2012.

Feb 10, 2012

New Fire Emblem 3DS Details by heartgold at 2:14 PM (1,758 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. heartgold
    OP

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

http://andriasang.co...emblem_details/

2. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Personally I'm not too fond of FE, but this game looks kinda cool.

Also, why are there petitions online for this game to be localized? :unsure:
    I mean isn't it 90 - 100% definitely making to the West?

3. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Because there is a petition for just about anything now.

2 people like this.
  4. ForteGospel

Member ForteGospel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i cant remember if there was one FE for the DS that didnt maked to the west

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Laughing my ass off at "Sealed Sword Falchion". Anybody else get the references here, or am I just too lame? XP

Ok, I'll give them to ya. The Sealed Sword is Roy's Sacred Blade in Fire Emblem: Sealed Sword (Derpity duh) and The Falchion is Martha's.

@ ForteGospel: Two things: One, loved Mega Man Battle Network 2/3/5/6. Second, Yeah, the second Fire Emblem on DS (with a long ass title) which was the second "Book" of the Original Fire Emblem story was never localized. On SNES they made a remake of the first FE, and then added a whole new game continuation of it. We didn't ever get a localization for whatever reason.

6. ScarletCrystals

Member ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Canada
    Yup, FE12 never got an english localization. I think a fan translation group is working/worked on it.

I wonder if this "Sealed Sword Falchion" is edible like in FE6. :P

7. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    There is a translation in progress. The original SNES version has also been completely translated for a few years now.

The two biggest reasons why it wasn't localized was 1) it wasn't profitable enough at the time, in terms of other titles available to invest in, and its time was simply missed, and 2) it was releazed that the first remake was nothing more than the NES one with updated graphics/music and five new characters (and maps for them, a few tweaks here and there). This includes horribly archaic, stilty mechanics and gameplay. It was a new wrapper on an old game--despite the other remake being much more substantial, maybe they got cold feed thinking they were going to invest in another NES game on a DS.

Though, I'm impressed. This game will be coming out in less than a year from the last Fire Emblem game released. That's pretty interesting... second development team? Not the first time Fire Emblem did this (FE8 actually started development after FE9 by different people internally).

1 person likes this.
  8. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    This game looks really awesome, from the pics in the source link, also, the fact that there are two dragons, a good one and a bad one and two main chars, one which you create and another that's already existing, kinda makes me think the player will either be able to choose a side (dark or light) and be bound to that's side dragon or something like that. =3
    The fact that you can create a char the way you like is something really cool tho, I love when games have character creation (one of the main reasons why I really liked the DS yugioh games among others)

9. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Dual System sounds cool, somewhat makes me think of Jeanne D'Arc fighting system. (and probably loads of other SRPG's) But if you actually see them fighting together, in the same shot, it's a little bit different :)

Hopefully a better/more interactive story, seems to have potential!

10. MEGAMANTROTSKY

Member MEGAMANTROTSKY GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Doesn't this "Dual Mode" sound like Advance Wars DS (Dual Strike)? I mean, I'm sure it's not exactly the same, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

(Yes, I know it's the same developer)

11. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    I got it and laughed the same as you.... they forgot to put "blazing" on that sword :lol:

12. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    I fucking hope this is localized. :/

4 people like this.
  13. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I think the 'Dual' in that game is because the battle took place on the 2 screens of the Nintendo DS :nds: As in topscreen and bottomscreen, 2 different battles.

14. Geren

Member Geren GBAtemp Regular

El Salvador
    Free maps? Hope this isn't like the ones in Sacred Stones. Those things made the game way too easy.

15. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Exactly. the dual mode in this game is that two units can attack at the same time in battle, modifying damage output and accuracy and the like. Both units end their turn after the battle. It's a double-team attack.