Hacking NEW "fake" DSTT Pics

fathawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSTT team has released some new pics of the fake cards running around.
TT_Fake_1_2.jpg

TT_True_2.jpg

If you want to see for your self there is also a video of them crashing some fake cards. Link Here

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I'm not sure how DX can deny that the gold dots are fake now. It shows it right on the ndstt site. Has anyone pointed this out to DX? People are going to be upset if firmware updates fry their microSD cards!

I have a feeling that if DSTT really does implement the "fake-killer" into their firmware, it is going to backfire. People will think they have an official one and the word will get around that the DSTT kills your microSD card and will instead just buy other carts.

I also find it a little ironic that they spent all this effort to write a program that would destroy fakes, but their firmware still can't do an alphabetic sort of ROMs!

-Bri

fathawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get the video to work from the DSTT site but I'm Really interested in what it is actually going to do.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
watched it and it shows them nuking fake cards with whatever they plan to add to the new loader
frown.gif

its crappy that they have to resort to killing off cards to those unknowingly buying the fakes!

some will inadvertently NUKE their cards in the rush to update to the latest kernel ....

and will put paid also to using YSMENU as it uses the hacked TTDS loader
frown.gif

no doubt someone will find a way to bypass it until the TTDS team re writes it again!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
watched it and it shows them nuking fake cards with whatever they plan to add to the new loader
frown.gif

its crappy that they have to resort to killing off cards to those unknowingly buying the fakes!

some will inadvertently NUKE their cards in the rush to update to the latest kernel ....

frown.gif

no doubt someone will find a way to bypass it until the TTDS team re writes it again!

I noticed they didn't show them taking the MicroSD cards out of the real versions and then trying them in the fakes. I'm wondering if it's just corrupting the card or if it's actually nuking the TT itself. It gives different nuke results on a couple of the carts, on some it freezes at the loading pic and on some it get's past to just dual white screens.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
kobykaan said:
frown.gif

frown.gif

I noticed they didn't show them taking the MicroSD cards out of the real versions and then trying them in the fakes. I'm wondering if it's just corrupting the card or if it's actually nuking the TT itself. It gives different nuke results on a couple of the carts, on some it freezes at the loading pic and on some it get's past to just dual white screens.

yeah noted that and the 3rd card found to be fake did not seem to nuke like other the ones that did the micro sd logo on boot up looked corrupted it looks like its possibly just corrupting the mem cards ....

I also wonder if someone would take legal action against TTDS team for writing memory destructive software!

yeah its a long shot but if it breaks your mem card more so if its a large sdhc that cost you a fair bit of your cash or ds then they are as bad as virii writers themselves!

like I said if you unknowingly bought a fake then why should you suffer or be out of pocket ... not all company's will pay reverse shipping charges to replace them .. and no doubt it will cost more than the FREE SHIPPING you got it for!

Joe88
I've wondered why these company's always clone the cheapest carts

R4 until recently was not a really cheap card!

Aleatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aleatz.blogspot.com
XP
Country
And people seem to be at a loss as to why DX lowered their prices. Surely it's obvious now. With all the emails they've been sent, if they didn't already realise they were getting fake cards then they must have by now. Now they're just trying to sell them as fast as they can before people catch on to it.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The newest DSTTs, which have the lowest prices ever ($12), have the new packaging and are real as far as anyone knows. So that would refute that particular theory about why the prices were lowered.

More likely, DX was duped into purchasing some fakes from a new vendor under the pretense that they were real. Apparently, they were told that these fakes were just from a different factory, but indeed they appear to have been fakes. The question is what DX will do about it, particularly since the fakes may be destroyed by firmware updates.

-Bri

Aleatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aleatz.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hmm? I thought someone said they bought one and it had a gold dot? Maybe this was some other online store... Anyway, I doubt the packaging will do a great deal for long. I mean, they managed to do a pretty good imitation of the card. Plastic won't be a problem for them. XD

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard of anyone actually receiving one of the new packages yet. Do you know of someone who got one and it contained a fake?

As far as I know the new packages currently being sold at DX are probably real and not fake since the companies selling fakes wouldn't have had had time to copy the packaging yet.

-Bri

Aleatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aleatz.blogspot.com
XP
Country
No. No one personally. I thought I saw it on here, but I think that I was just imagining it or something. I guess we'll just have to play the waiting game on that one.

But I reckon it wouldn't take them too long to copy that packaging. I suppose it depends on a number of factors, but if they caught wind of it early then who knows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: downloading a couple of puyo puyo ds games