kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
At last the new European Nintendo website is now online!
Now we can finally trade Star points for Wii Points at an exchange rate of 4:1!
Free Virtual Console games, Nintendo you're the best!

Railgun

( ' _ ' )
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nice one, i take a look, i have over 4000 unused Stars
biggrin.gif

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for the UK & Ireland:

QUOTE said:
Thank you for visiting the Nintendo of Europe website! We're currently right in the middle of our preparations for a complete site relaunch. Please come back soon to see our brand-new site. In the meantime you can find direct links to a selection of our products right here on this page.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nope, the website is still the same, i have it on bookmarks and it hasn't changed for the past week or so, i think the original poster is trolling tbh.

edit: jax, that link just keeps timing out.

kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not trolling, please keep accusations like that to yourself please.
They're probably having some problems right now, but I did manage to buy wiipoints earlier.

Here's a screenshot (not my own) from the dutch site:
index3.png

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for the link jax i traded 4000 points for a 1000 point card, with a 1000 points remaining, but the site is down again now

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At last the new European Nintendo website is now online!
Now we can finally trade Star points for Wii Points at an exchange rate of 4:1!
Free Virtual Console games, Nintendo you're the best!
Holy crap, Nintendo Europe do something good for a change! Its been a long time since I traded star points, the last time was for that great little compilation with Zelda 1, 2, OoT & Majoras Mask.

Got thousands of points but I'm not sure if I should trade for VC games or wait for WiiWare.

D

Deleted User

The site looks quite nice on first sight. I really appreciate the new color scheme.

Holy crap, Nintendo Europe do something good for a change! Its been a long time since I traded star points, the last time was for that great little compilation with Zelda 1, 2, OoT & Majoras Mask.

Got thousands of points but I'm not sure if I should trade for VC games or wait for WiiWare.
Same here. I've got about 7.000 points left (traded some for a DS longsleeve and--shame on me--Pokémon Box) and it was just this week that I decided not to register anymore software until I'm able to trade stars for Wii points because the stars will expire after one year.

Is there actually a release date for WiiWare coming to Europe?

D

Deleted User

The more I think about it, the more I'll have to say that 4:1 is a pretty bad exchange rate. I mean, you have to buy for 4 games to get 1.000 stars and that converts to 800 Wii points. That's a plain rip-off, at least at the moment, without WiiWare being available.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anyone know what the expiration date is for wii points, I can't get online with my wii at the moment, but I've already changed the stars for wii points, I just don't want them to expire while my wii is not connected

D

Deleted User

Yeah, but still, you get it for free. Nintendo doesn't have to give you those stars.
I know that, but even when compared to the other articles in the new stars catalogue it's a rip-off imo, let alone what japanese gamers get.

anyone know what the expiration date is for wii points, I can't get online with my wii at the moment, but I've already changed the stars for wii points, I just don't want them to expire while my wii is not connected
As far as I know the Wii points won't expire, only the stars do (1 year after added).

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, but still, you get it for free. Nintendo doesn't have to give you those stars.
I know that, but even when compared to the other articles in the new stars catalogue it's a rip-off imo, let alone what japanese gamers get.

As far as I know the Wii points won't expire, only the stars do (1 year after added).

ok that's cool, cheers

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
4:1... eh, I expected a better ratio. My 4 or so years of collecting stars is only worth 4500 Wii Points?

Still, better than nothing I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-