wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I would like to collect a list of games who get a new edition.
  • Disney Princess and the Frog regular edition -> deluxe edition
  • Wii Sports v1.00 -> v1.1 Bufixes and a new Intro for Baseball
  • Super Paper Mario, only PAL v1.00 -> v1.1 Disc replaced by Nintendo. There was a crash
    if you talked to mimi 2 times before collecting a key in another room.

Please Post games you know with new edition.
Note: Sam and Max Sesion 1 and Sam and Max Sesion 2 is not a new edition.

I cant find information about the deluxe version of Disney Princess and the Frog. Can anyone post a link or anything?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why do you collect this?

Super Paper Mario, only PAL. There was a crash if you you talked to mimi 2 times before collecting a key in another room. I think nintendo even offered a free replacement of the disc.

PS: Now i think i finally understand why they offered free replacement...

wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
WiiPower said:
Why do you collect this?

Super Paper Mario, only PAL. There was a crash if you you talked to mimi 2 times before collecting a key in another room. I think nintendo even offered a free replacement of the disc.

PS: Now i think i finally understand why they offered free replacement...

I collect this to know which and how many games are changed after release.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there are a few games that have walmart, target, and toys r us editions, such as shaun white snowboarding road trip (target) and Bakaugan (toys r us). I think one of the marvel game got a walmart edition too. if that counts toward you list. and the princess and the frog was not deluxe edition but the riverboat jazz edition

wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
W hat said:
1. This is more suited for Wikitemp, or other places
2. Other places probably have already started a list.

http://ludibria.com/index.php?sys=wii&srg=1.01

I also thought about that. Here is the Wikitemp-Page (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/New_edition_games#New_Edition_Games).
Thanks for that site. I searhed for games and add them to the wiki-page

QUOTE(smash_brew @ Sep 10 2010, 09:28 PM) there are a few games that have walmart, target, and toys r us editions, such as shaun white snowboarding road trip (target) and Bakaugan (toys r us). I think one of the marvel game got a walmart edition too. if that counts toward you list. and the princess and the frog was not deluxe edition but the riverboat jazz edition

Thanks for your help. If you know more feel free to add them in the wiki-page

drewmie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made additions and corrections to the wiki. The Special Editions seem to all have different title IDs, but the Bugfix game versions don't. How can I tell which version I have?

wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
drewmie said:
I've made additions and corrections to the wiki. The Special Editions seem to all have different title IDs, but the Bugfix game versions don't. How can I tell which version I have?

First of all thanks for your help. I added 2 colums for the ID. One for the original and one for the new.

drewmie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wishmasterf said:
First of all thanks for your help. I added 2 colums for the ID. One for the original and one for the new.
No problem. Thanks for creating this. I've been looking for a list like this.

Do you think there's a need for separate columns? From what I can see, Special Editions will always have a Disc ID difference, and Bugfixes will always have a version difference, but neither will have the other. Is that correct? If so, what do you think of keeping them in the same column and calling it something like "Version/Disc ID"?

While we're at it, what do you think of getting rid of the "Name of the Edition" column, and instead putting their names in the "Bugfix/Special Edition" column (in place of typing "Special Edition" since it's in their name anyway)? Again, to reduce redundancy. I'm all about simplifying while keeping the same info. And yes, I'm really this anal retentive.
wink.gif

I'm happy to make these changes, but I wanted to see what you think first.

wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
drewmie said:
Do you think there's a need for separate columns? From what I can see, Special Editions will always have a Disc ID difference, and Bugfixes will always have a version difference, but neither will have the other. Is that correct? If so, what do you think of keeping them in the same column and calling it something like "Version/Disc ID"?
I dont know if the bugfix-rereleases do have the same Disc-ID, because i dont have both of a "bugfix-game" to see. The best way i think is to check if it is like you think and then change it to 2 columns instead of four. Maybe there are difference DIS-ID. The we will have no columns for that. Maybe someone can answer that question here.

drewmie said:
While we're at it, what do you think of getting rid of the "Name of the Edition" column, and instead putting their names in the "Bugfix/Special Edition" column (in place of typing "Special Edition" since it's in their name anyway)? Again, to reduce redundancy. I'm all about simplifying while keeping the same info. And yes, I'm really this anal retentive.
wink.gif

I think an additional column for "Name of the Edition is a good thing. But i dont want to delete the "Bugfix/Special Edition" because Bugfix-Versions do not have a special Name.

QUOTE(drewmie @ Sep 26 2010, 09:31 PM)
I'm happy to make these changes, but I wanted to see what you think first.

What to you think about to split the table in to 2 tables. One for Bugfix-releases and 1 for Special Edition?

drewmie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wishmasterf said:
What do you think about to split the table in to 2 tables. One for Bugfix-releases and 1 for Special Edition?
Hey, that's a good idea! Then we could get rid of the "Bugfix/Special Edition" column and the columns not applicable to each table.

By the way, I looked on wiitdb.com, and it looks like bugfixes don't get their own disc ID. I guess that makes sense, but does anybody know how I determine which version I have?

shadow_cruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Most likely the fixed version of twilight princess was the cannon room bug. When you save in that room, your stuck there and must start the game from the beginning again. I guess no one can really confirm that unless they play through it with the new version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkB53h2M5Pw

It's been confirmed from various forums that nintendo replaced the old discs to fix the cannon room bug

"Ok. So it's a little late, but I've been following this thread for 3 weeks now. I (or should I say my girl friend) also discovered this glitch. I hacked my wii. I enabled cheats. Killing yourself didn't get out of the room. I obtained a cheat to fly out of the room, but when you leave the room Shad still talks to you. So you can't get out of the room that way. He isn't invisible. I tried to talk to him several times. If you cheat and transform into a wolf you cannot warp. Midna doesn't let you warp when Shad is in the room, and Shad doesn't care that you are a wolf.

BUT THERE IS A FIX. I called 1-800-Nintendo and they send me a replacement disc. I popped it in and Shad is present in the room. I'm currently backing up the game to my hard drive as a ISO.

For anyone that has this problem I would recommend calling up Nintendo. The only downside is they take 2 to 3 weeks to replace your game.

I will probably be trying to upload this torrent to the community for anyone else that stumbles on this glitch. It was really an annoying glitch, and I'm glad I can have my same game with all my hearts, bottles, mini-games in tact while I finish the final 10-20 hours of game play.

So there is a fix. Nintendo will send you a disc if you call. Just tell them "Broken Cannon Room"."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU