OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey everyone.

I'm going to Japan in a week and I plan to buy a Green DSi LL which was recently released last month. Does anyone know the firmware these system use and if my AceKard2i will be compatible with it? I had having to carry around loose carts, I'd rather just have everything on my AceKard2i, as well as the fact that the few games I have bought to support the publishers I haven't even opened so all my save data is on my AceKard2i as well. I just don't wanna realize that I'm gonna have to play my legit copy of Dragon Quest IX for 20+ hours once I buy a new DSi LL.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they updated it would have been on every console as such. Acekard2i should work on it. It is basically japanese version of 1.4 which is why it says 1.4J I'm assuming.

saitama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsiLL/index.html#/color/

Leaning towards Green. I like how the new colours have a black matte base, looks nice.

Did Nintendo get lazy though? Naming them Blue, Yellow, and Green? What happened to Wine Red, Dark Brown, and Natural White and all the other stupid colours they invent? Nintendo must hire ex-Crayola employees to help them with the names of their systems.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
saitama said:

Leaning towards Green. I like how the new colours have a black matte base, looks nice.

Did Nintendo get lazy though? Naming them Blue, Yellow, and Green? What happened to Wine Red, Dark Brown, and Natural White and all the other stupid colours they invent? Nintendo must hire ex-Crayola employees to help them with the names of their systems.
They're just trying to be more simple. BTW the blue color is called "Midnight Blue" in North America.

saitama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
saitama said:

They're just trying to be more simple. BTW the blue color is called "Midnight Blue" in North America.

Wow I was kinda decided between Blue and Green (for some god foresaken reason my GF likes Yellow) but since they have Blue in Canada it's definitely Green. I want something no one else has...if I ever decide to go back to Canada (by that time the 3DS will be out).

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should wait a few days. The midnight blue color has a release for america. Only if you dont mind using the japanese firmware.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NahuelDS said:
you should wait a few days. The midnight blue color has a release for america. Only if you dont mind using the japanese firmware.
What? The US doesn't have the blue color yet? Because Canada has had the Midnight Blue DSi XL for a week now.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
NahuelDS said:
What? The US doesn't have the blue color yet? Because Canada has had the Midnight Blue DSi XL for a week now.
I dont live in USA, so i dont know if there is in stock yet. Maybe yes, maybe not.... but it should be anytime soon!

multoque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The blue XL is easily available in the US now. I saw a huge pile of them at a local Costco the other day, Amazon has tons of them in stock still, etc.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NahuelDS said:
YayMii said:
NahuelDS said:
I dont live in USA, so i dont know if there is in stock yet. Maybe yes, maybe not.... but it should be anytime soon!
Then why are you telling the OP to wait for an American release when it has already been released in North America and the OP lives in Korea?

saitama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Japanese isn't a huge problem for me, I can read/understand enough to switch it to English mode. But it's cheaper to buy in Japan as well, comes to around $210.00CDN, in Canada it's $199.99+ tax and I have the choice of Wine Red, Midnight Blue, and Black...I personally have always hated Black, it's too plain. I would prefer Green since it's brighter and not available in North America ㅋㅋㅋ

36 hours until I leave

Nahuel: Double wrong, not living in the US and I'm not even a US citizen. I'm a Canadian citizen and damn proud of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the...