Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Company blurb:
"Robocalypse™ is an innovative new real-time strategy game developed specifically for the Nintendo DS™. Set in a world of wise-cracking, battling robots. Robocalypse™ offers madcap weaponry and uproarious destruction, all embedded in a deep strategy war game. Up to 4 players can compete head to head via WI-Fi in multiplayer, or lead your army to victory in the hilarious single player storymode campaign, penned by Jay Lender (SpongeBob Squarepants™) and Micah Wright. Over 50 independently AI driven units with advanced distributed pathfinding, dynamic music and 3D particle systems for stunning visual effects make Robocalypse™ a technological break- through for the Nintendo® DS."

Features:
* Robots with Attitude: Infuses madcap cartoon humor into the heat of battle by giving robots distinct attitudes and personalities. Over 10 distinct robot types with specialized skills and weapons.

* Madcap Weapons: Over 20 groundbreaking weapon types with laugh out loud destruction and spectacular visual effects, including, Converter Cannons, Falling Anvils Head-Crack’n Gauntlet and Digitizers.

* Total Stylus Control: Simplified controls and innovative Action Flag system reduces the complexity of commanding units. No buttons – just point and tap.

* Multiplayer Mayhem: 2 to 4 Multiplayer WiFi – Play head to head or Co-op with unique maps, multiple playmodes and Hall of Fame.

* Heroes Win the War: Courageous Heroes who can single handedly turn the tide of battle with powerful abilities that can be upgraded into devastating capabilities like, Rampage Mode, Conversion (turn enemies into refrigerators) and Leadership (the ability to unite soldiers into a single fighting unit). All Heroes can be controlled directly in combat.

* Epic Storymode: A hilarious storyline by Jay Lender, a writer and director of the acclaimed cartoon series SpongeBob Squarepants™ and his writing partner Micah Wright, known for his writing contributions across multiple mediums. Military routines are accidentally installed into prototype robots, turning them into hunter killers. Disaster ensues and to save humanity, a new batch of robots is implanted with the brain scans of retired WWII vets, giving rise to an oil-swilling, brawling, robotic dirty dozen. Campaign includes 17 unique missions, hidden objectives and a robust reward system.

sc_weap.gif
sc_mult.gif
sc_stylu.gif

Well I hope for the best with this game, could do with something like this! It was announced a while ago so its nice to finally have some new screens and details. The only other "official" game of this style of RTS is Command & Destroy (there are others on the way but they are a while away) and I get a feeling that, that'll fall short of a good game.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Looks interesting, the graphics look great. But something just annoys me, i prefer a more top down RTS then a slight rotated down RTS. Reminds me of FFXII: Revenant Wings. Don't have any high expectations for this but will give it a go when it comes out nevertheless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: