Hacking [new DS hardware] DS Lite Card Reader ???

id242

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been posted before, but I couldn't find it in my searching.

I came across this GBA-Style Card Reader for the DS - Does anyone know of any plans for games **other than the one shown**, which will take use of this new hardware?

screenbf7.jpg

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I *love* the butterflies in the lid
wub.gif

They should've stopped there though, the rest looks overdone and very untasteful. It's too crowded. Shame.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got a great idea for all those developers who are thinking about using such card readers or have (cough Nintendo cough). How about you just include the material in the freaking game I bought in the first place instead of making me scan 70 cards (that I have to buy in addition to the game) into a reader to unlock a new dress????

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Love and Berry is already an established fad in Japan among young girls....when I was there it was big and little girls lined up all over the place to swipe their cards @ the game centers to play this card game. In my opinion this is not a bad move by Nintendo @ all to sell *gasp* even more ds's.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
-sigh-
I guess I'll have to buy the crappy game, just so I can get the awesome sticker set...
O wait! I can get 50 laser-etched unicorn stickers at the dollar store for a buck! JOY!

Seriously though, I can see this selling just fine in the U.S. I would welcome anything that would swing the pendulum back from slutty Bratz dolls to a more wholesome "little girl fad", even if it does look like a rainbow threw up on it.

id242

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this would be cool if there were already hidden areas in the current DS titles that could take advantage of the card reader... such as how some DS titles are able to link to GBA titles.

i could see plenty of replay on some of those classics such as the mario/wario series / castlevania / animal crossing....

dropping $5 on a pack of random cards that could add replay value to my current games would be interesting, to say the least

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
bleh i want butterflys for my pink ndsl now >.>
my old blue ds "phat" just had a faerie on the front of it... the one that is my avatar hehe (cept the full pic with the legs and not animated)
That sounds pretty cool.

Oh yeah, and Jumpy....you know you want that dress, so go out and spend $5 for a freakin pack of cards and cross your fingers
lecture.gif
hehe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-