Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys.

I really need your help. I just bought a new Graphic-Card (SAPPHIRE HD 6870), a new power supply (650W) and 2GB more of RAM. Now my boyfriend has 4GB total RAM. Okay, I took the old things away and put the new things in, but... it doesn't work ~.~

The Mainboard is ASUS M2N68-AM SE2. I'm not sure if I've connected everything in the right way... There is no instruction. When I start the PC, normally there is a PIIIIIP tone. But not now. The Mainboard is just blinking inside, so it gots power supply. But nothing shows on the Screen... and there is no PIIIIP on the start....

PLEASE HEEEEELP
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
To start off double check that you have plugged all the appropriate power connections to the motherboard and graphics card. Secondly if everything is properly connected try removing the new RAM and replacing it with the older sticks you already had in there and see if it boots up.

cherijay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your Reply. I checked up everything and I downloaded the Instructions for everything.

I tried to change the old graphics back and It worked... could it be... NOOOO.... I will try to uninstall the old VGA first. So... for now... the RAM is okay and the power supply is okay... it seems that the VGA has some probs...
frown.gif
(

cherijay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay guys... I've finished
smile.gif
Everything works fine... I just can't imagine where the problem has been
frown.gif
Well... but it worked finally
wink.gif
) Thanks for help
smile.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Just mentioning, it could've been one (or more) parts that hadn't been plugged in correctly/completely (or the power cables for them). The lack of a beeping sound means that the system didn't POST, which is usually a problem with the motherboard or lack of/failure of the 12V connection.

But since everything is working now, all is well. Enjoy your upgrades
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol