NEW clean SD Card Luma3DS gets an error!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by thegame16, Sep 17, 2016.

1. thegame16
    OP

thegame16 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2007
    Swaziland
    Hello Guys

So I bought myself an 128 gb SD card which I formatted with fat 32 and after that I copied all my stuff from the old 64 gb card to my new 128 gb card.

Well Luma 3DS isn`t starting now. I get to the configuration screen and when I press start I get: "An error has occured" and I have to restart the DS?

I Have a N3DS XL .

thx for the help

2. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    Are you sure your card is real and not a knock-off? You should test it first with h2testw to see if the card is OK.
    If it's a knock-off, you're only overwriting stuff on it and it will not work.

3. thegame16
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2007
    Swaziland
    yeah it is a brand new Transcend 128 gb card I already tested it so the strange thing is I copied everything over with my 64 gb card I dont get an error on my 128 gb I get one?!

4. cravas

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    Only thing I can think is: how did you formatted the SD? Which tool did you use?

5. thegame16
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2007
    Swaziland
    used the HP USB stick format tool which I also used on the 64 gb back when I first got the sd card

6. cravas

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    Do some tests:

Only put the luma folder and the arm9loaderhax.bin and see if it boots properly.
    After that, copy over the Nintendo 3DS folder and try again.

Or maybe, you could try this using your 64Gb SD:

Get the latest emunand9 from GitHub ( https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/latest ) and put the emunand9.bin in your payloads folder and rename it to y_Emunand9.bin.

Boot your console while pressing Y and emunand9 will launch.
    Go to SD Format Options, Format SD <No Emunand> Press B (No) for starter.bin and swap your SD with the 128Gb (the one you need to format).
    Input the keys required and confirm.
    Let it do it's thing and when finish, press SELECT to eject the card and copy back your 64Gb SD backup to it.
    Insert your SD on console and press B then START and everything should be OK.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas except for you to return to the 64Gb and use it.

FakuMotaFaka likes this.