New cheatplugin? or rincheat translated ripped?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Chrisssj2, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands

2. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
  3. Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    Can't see source code and also broke my copyright probably. Time to go closed source with rinCheat :)

Last edited by Rinnegatamante, Sep 16, 2016
  4. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    It sucks that there is always someone trying to take advantage and abuse someone else's work :/

Is there anything you can do to potentially get "his plugin" removed, or is there not much you can do?

5. kftX

kftX Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    Do you want me to publicly trash the fucker on Wololo.net? I have that power you know :P

6. Rinnegatamante

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    I don't really care, i'm just going closed source with my plugin since the author of zCheats admitted to have took my code.
    He took my code:
    1) Without permissions.
    2) The code is not under license, it means it's "All rights reserved" ( http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/148146/open-source-code-with-no-license-can-i-fork-it )
    3) Without even crediting me.

And, depending on situation in next days, i can also decide to stop working on rinCheat at all.

7. kftX

kftX Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    I don't blame you tbh. I would however have expected devs to behave decently, not like filthy pirates. You're one of the most consistant devs on the 3DS/Vita scenes, I hope this doesn't stop you from working as hard.

Even if you do, you've done more than your share.

Last edited by kftX, Sep 16, 2016
  8. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Oh boy plz Rinn don't do this to us. :( Please focus on the support and the good vibes rather then this(if this is the case)

9. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    Why stop rincheat? You can still update your plugin without release the source ._. Please dont be the classic italian drama...

10. Rinnegatamante

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    Classic italian drama? pls stfu :)

Awsder33 likes this.
  11. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    Me too are italian :)
    in italian -> e sò che gli italiani fanno sempre tanta scena per niente, o per poco. Stai facendo un lavoro grandioso e sarebbe sciocco interromperlo quando hai la semplice soluzione di rimuovere il source code ^^ Male che vada ti ritroverai l'unico ad aver sviluppato un plugin per i codici, il che non è poco. Su, forza e coraggio!

12. bdsqlsz

bdsqlsz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    Switzerland
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4784999360
    zCheat's author make an apology for broke copyright because he is not a professional programmer,dont use github and this release is just pre-version.
    he decided to stop all zCheat developing and delete all release.
    he want to you forgive his mistake.
    sorry for bad English translation.

13. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    I hope you know he only stopped developing zCheat because he can't continue without Rin's source. I hate to sound like an ass but he knew damn well what he was doing. Besides. Rin opened the source again already. Even if The source was still closed. That doesnt mean that development was going to stop. That only means others cant see how it was made

Awsder33 likes this.
  14. bdsqlsz

bdsqlsz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    Switzerland
    he had made another general savedata editor before and it can crack some games which has checksum.he decided to open source when he finish
    his own cheat form zero
    .i will try to talk with him about open source.

Last edited by bdsqlsz, Sep 19, 2016
  15. mistree

mistree Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hopefully he won't see this, and indeed your are an ass hole. The Chinese dev has already made some apps for 3ds scene long time ago maybe it's not that known to the western users. But I would never judge someone that I have no clue like that. From what I know he's an embedded engineer who focused on assembly and c most of the time, and it's possible he didn't know things like GitHub and licenses. Unless you want to drive ppl away from this scene, pls stop doing that.

16. anonynamja

anonynamja Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Where does he say that?

Maybe they would be well known if he had gone open source in the first place.

17. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Just because something is open source doesn't mean anyone can take the source code, make some modifications and slap their name on it as if it was their own work, if he has programmed and released tools pf his own before he should have known better to begin with.

I don't care if he was clueless about how licenses work neither, being ignorant of the laws doesn't exclude anyone from following them...

Sasori and Awsder33 like this.
  18. bdsqlsz

bdsqlsz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    Switzerland
    he change his mind for many reasons.sorry for my wrong expression on this.

19. Ray2R

Ray2R GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2016
    United States
    What I really don't understand is, his excuse was he release it out to the public for testing EVEN THOUGH he just wanted to make it for himself and a small group of friends.

It's the same Vita both phat and slim, basically exact same internal hardware with everyone running 3.60 and not different firmware. If it works for him, there absolutely no reason it wouldn't work for someone else and absolutely no reason to need testing from different people.

20. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California

That's called backpedaling when being exposed...

Awsder33 likes this.