IMG_0329.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 293

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OUCH! Screen replacement?

That's not screen, that's outer shell. OP is that the only damage? Is the console modded, and is it still under warranty? And, sorry to ask, but is there something you're not telling? Hard to believe it only happened from being in a pocket. What activity caused it? Was it exposed to heat, or just the friction of the inside of your pocket? Either way, if its under warranty and not modded, I'd call Nintendo. There's no way you're going to make that look "new" again.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not screen, that's outer shell. OP is that the only damage? Is the console modded, and is it still under warranty? And, sorry to ask, but is there something you're not telling? Hard to believe it only happened from being in a pocket. What activity caused it? Was it exposed to heat, or just the friction of the inside of your pocket? Either way, if its under warranty and not modded, I'd call Nintendo. There's no way you're going to make that look "new" again.

Duh, the screen comes assembled with the outer shell, if he wants it to look like new then he needs a screen replacement....

Nothing is broken, so it's really up to you OP. Paint it black, put some decals, buy a case...

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Duh, the screen comes assembled with the outer shell, if he wants it to look like new then he needs a screen replacement....

Nothing is broken, so it's really up to you OP. Paint it black, put some decals, buy a case...
No He doesn't need a screen replacement. All He needs is the outer Shell (top screen backplate). The screen isn't glued to the backplate.
https://pt.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Teardown/36346#s81203

@OP
If it's on warranty, get a refund/swap. Otherwise, try to get either a backplate from anywhere (ebay, amazon) or a decal.

Reactions: invaderyoyo

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: