New 3DS XL screen defect

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Crezut, May 14, 2015.

1. Crezut
    OP

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    Norway
    the moon
    Hi - I am just wondering if anyone else has bought a New 3DS XL with a screen defect - because I have bought (and returned) THREE units that all had a defect on their upper or lower screen. I don't know how it is even possible :( I am so irritated - I am wondering if I should give up on buying one ever again :mellow:

2. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    What kind of defect, though? "Screen defect" doesn't give people too much information on what exactly is happening with your screen.

3. Crezut
    OP

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    Norway
    the moon
    oh - I'm sorry, I should have specified. the first N3DS XL had a dead pixel on the lower screen, the second N3DS XL had a needle-looking pierced point in the glass on the upper screen, while the third N3DS XL had a "bubble" in the upper layer, of the upper screen. all three N3DS's were bought from three different places, two online with warehouses in two different countries, the last one in a store where I live. I really don't know what to expect of a fourth device.

4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    Oh, they could have been returned, and then re-sold.
    Maybe buy a fourth one from a store nearby, and if that one has a defect, you should either return it and get a normal sized one, or get it repaired.
    It's extremely odd that all three you got had defects.

5. Crezut
    OP

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    Norway
    the moon
    just a quick update - I got my fourth N3DS XL today (this time Metallic Blue) - and I finally I got a hold of a unit without any defects :)

6. Lokio27

Lokio27 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2015
    United States
    Lucky. Mine has some weird light spots on the left bottom screen. I might send it in since I freak out about that kind of stuff ;)