New 3ds does not boot with SDCard insterted

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by arcticgaming, Jun 18, 2017.

1. arcticgaming
    OP

arcticgaming Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    Belgium
    Hello

Today I tought I would install CFW on my New 3dsxl too since it worked flawlessly on my 2ds.
    I followed the guide one 3dsguide with the soundhax plugin and using luma..
    Now for some strange reason my New 3ds wont lauch with an sdcard insterted when I remove sdcard and start it again then it boots.
    after that I can insert scard in my 3ds and everything works fine... but when I try to reboot it hangs again...
    I am on firmware 11.0.4

When I instert my sd card in my pc and go to the folder Nintendo 3DS/<random hex number>/<random hex number>/exdata/

and delete <00000000> folder and pop it back in my new 3dsxl it boots withouth a problem
    also a fresh formatted sd card works withouth any problems.... but when I copy the files back on the sd card same thing happens
    I don't know what to do anymore....

2. hiper17

hiper17 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    There are probably two folders in the Nintendo 3DS folder. Should be one.

3. Alex4U

Alex4U I ssssssssee you

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (Adress 0x00)
    Set in Luma3DS:
    Autoboot SysNand and make sure you have arm9loaderhax.bin in your sd and CTRnand root.

4. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    Actually arm9loaderhax.bin isn't important, as @arcticgaming probably installed boot9strap.

5. Alex4U

Alex4U I ssssssssee you

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (Adress 0x00)
    Uhhhh why boot9strap? D:
    anyway, if you have Luma3DS, make sure have that option enabled. (Enable Autoboot SysNAND)