new 3ds Acekard 2i

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bjosh, Apr 28, 2011.

Apr 28, 2011

new 3ds Acekard 2i by bjosh at 12:24 AM (1,688 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. bjosh
    OP

Newcomer bjosh Newbie

United States
    so i got one of these last week and its great but my question is how do u work the micro sd card reader that came with it? its super small and when i put it in my laptop nothing comes up. so idk if im putting it in wrong or something. i do put the micro sd card in there too. please help me asap. thank you.

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Get a new micro SD card reader.

3. bjosh
    OP

Newcomer bjosh Newbie

United States
    no one knows?
    im stuck at college fot eh next couple weeks still and theres no where to buy a new one

4. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    There's no Walmart, Best Buy or Target in your town? No malls? Even a drug store would probably have one, they're common.

A microSD to SD adapter would work just as well.

[​IMG]

5. machomuu

United States
    Read the post below the first one.

6. bjosh
    OP

Newcomer bjosh Newbie

United States
    saying get a new one isnt a answer. and no the college i go to is in the middle of no where with no major stores. i just wanna know if anyone knows how to get the micro sd card that comes with it to work

7. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    Either your adapter or microSD is hosed. Just get a new 2GB card at a drug store, it shouldn't be more than $15 and it'll probably come with an adapter. Either that or send off for a replacement and save money (but not time).

Edit: First isolate the problem by trying it on a friend's computer. Some computers are finicky about recognizing devices.

8. PHALLIUS

Newcomer PHALLIUS Member

United States
    My acecard 2i that came compatible with my 3DS also came with a USB microreader in the box. It sounds like you are sticking the usb microreader in the SD slot, which obviously will not work. Didn't you get a silver metal keychain-looking reader in the box? I believe you do get one with the ACEcard 2i. If not, when you buy a microsd, you almost always get an SD adapter with it. If you have a microsd, you should have the SD adapter that came with it. I have about 10 microsd cards and ALL came with sd adapters.

9. machomuu

United States
    Yeah basically. You asked for a solution and I gave you one. Try a new adapter, if that doesn't work, get a new micro SD.

10. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you got the reader like mine, mine didn't work because the black piece of plastic thing didn't fit in my usb port. If it does fit, you're suppose to face the metal side up and push it in your USB's lower half portion. Unlike normal readers, it doesn't take up the entire USB port (blocking port), it only uses the lower half of the USB port.