New 360 "Slim" Leaked

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it looks cool, looks like a hunk of metal that shoots a lot of cold air. Will make a good fan... And gaming console.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Have you ever had a 360 before ??

I think it'll be more like a 'Heater' blowing hot air rather than a 'Fan' blowing cold air
(Any1 remember red-ring-of-death ???)

Yes, I have a 360 but I'm never close enough to it to feel what kind of air shoots out. lol Ive had my 360 for years now, only problem I ran into was when I failed to hack it and it broke.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
I can only assume they'll f**k up this xbox too. If you've ever seen the amount of thermal paste they used you'd be suprised that it was apllied by someone who wasn't in preschool. And the fans...-_-' the air just goes in then out right away!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woo its gonna be here at the end of the week...lucky bastards at e3, im gonna email and say i had tickets but couldn't make it can i still get my free xbox slim

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, after seeing the E3, it does seem to be smaller than the original X360
Though not much

But it'll have the same price
yay.gif

Lucky guys getting them for free
dry.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
THOSE UTTER UTTER BASTARDS!!!
I bought my 360 Elite last year for £200 thinking it was a good deal (at the time it was). Later that year they dropped the price to £200 as an RRP, ok. Now they come out with a new hardware revision that's 10x better than my one (mainly due to built in Wi-Fi)
FUUUUUU-

Anyway, the damned thing's still fugly but it is a huge improvement and the lack of price increase is really good but just begs the question "Why couldn't you have built Wi-Fi into the Elite?"

Blazikun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
THOSE UTTER UTTER BASTARDS!!!
I bought my 360 Elite last year for £200 thinking it was a good deal (at the time it was). Later that year they dropped the price to £200 as an RRP, ok. Now they come out with a new hardware revision that's 10x better than my one (mainly due to built in Wi-Fi)
FUUUUUU-

Anyway, the damned thing's still fugly but it is a huge improvement and the lack of price increase is really good but just begs the question "Why couldn't you have built Wi-Fi into the Elite?"
agreed. microsoft are just a load of f@#kers. headed by a fag.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't go that far. I was just making a joke in the first part of my post.

The main thing I hope will come from this is that the wireless adapter will take a price hit. PLEASE GOD LET THAT ADAPTER TAKE A PRICE HIT! I don't care about Wireless N as my network is on Wireless G but I do not want to pay £40-50 for an adapter to get my 360 wireless.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's worth noting the power supply is built in, which is probably the reason it doesn't look that much smaller. Atleast it doesn't have a brick as the power supply.

Edit: OK that's BS, Engadget did say in their first article the PSU had been moved into the case. Oh well.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
I actually like how it looks, but that still doesn't make me crave to get one. Needs more good games.

Agreed. Only way i see myself getting one is if something happens to my current 360 (Which i literally just got 4ish months ago since its the FF13 Bundle), or if Gamestop or some other store does some epic trade-in/upgrade deal or something.

Wi-Fi isnt that much of a selling point (Because i know how bad Wi-Fi on PS3 is at times, even when its right next to my router), and i already have a 250 Gig drive (Which even has FF13 in shiny letters on the top
biggrin.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol