Homebrew new 2dsxl homebrew

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says who? I'm sure they implemented SOMETHING to combat A9LH/B9S. It will probably come with 11.5.0/12.0.0 preinstalled which most likely kills any Homebrew exploits not patched by 11.4.0.
do you understand what you're implying, boot9strap is unpatchable since it's a hardware flaw, if they didn't update the bootrom, it's game over still

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest the still could've changed anything.
that's why we're basically waiting to see if boot9strap still works or if the bootrom was actually updated (context: bootrom is a read-only rom on the CPU so it's literally unpatchable, they tend to reuse it and just update the amount of e.g. transistors in the CPU which is why it works on NEW 3DS too, it was only recently disclosed so they wouldn't have been able to update NEW 3DS bootrom unless they found it themselves, NEW 2DS is the only gamble)

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
do you understand what you're implying, boot9strap is unpatchable since it's a hardware flaw, if they didn't update the bootrom, it's game over still
All entrypoints currently out for the latest firmware still rely on software exploits or hardmods, though.
Most if not all of the software entrypoints can probably be patched if it's running on a new firmware version.

ntrboothax probably won't be, though, so I'm hardly concerned.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
New 2DS XL = Probably hardware revision = New BootROM = SIGHax patched = No boot9strap for you = A9LH only :'(
= you're completely wrong.

What's really surprising is nintendo has created a New2ds xl specific firmware, but gives it the same version number as stock 11.4 firmware. Really interesting move.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France

What's really surprising is nintendo has created a New2ds xl specific firmware, but gives it the same version number as stock 11.4 firmware. Really interesting move.

New 2DS XL BootROM probably patched sighax, i'm not wrong, c'mon man fight me irl

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Imagine it was in development for at least a year. It makes sense. Depending on what tweaks they made to the firmware to make it work on N2DS XL, it may run older firmware like 11.2 or even 11.0. 11.4 is probably the first stable universal firmware for all systems.

Hopefully NTRBootHax gets released, I don't really want to go through the DSiWareHax route.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Imagine it was in development for at least a year. It makes sense. Depending on what tweaks they made to the firmware to make it work on N2DS XL, it may run older firmware like 11.2 or even 11.0. 11.4 is probably the first stable universal firmware for all systems.

Hopefully NTRBootHax gets released, I don't really want to go through the DSiWareHax route.
The current titles of 11.4 have already been poked through and there's no evidence of any new2ds specific aspects.
CFG_GetSystemModel() doesn't have a value for the system, for instance.

It could be Nintendo just decided to make a stealth, new2ds-only update of 11.4.0-37, weird as it may be.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: HugaTheFox

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current titles of 11.4 have already been poked through and there's no evidence of any new2ds specific aspects.
CFG_GetSystemModel() doesn't have a value for the system, for instance.

It could be Nintendo just decided to make a stealth, new2ds-only update of 11.4.0-37, weird as it may be.
Maybe they didn't need to. I imagine there's not much that's changed from N3DS XL internally other than the upper screen and whatever support that needed. They might have had all the things necessary to make the firmware run on N2DS XL already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/