Hacking New 2DS XL CFW

FranticPyro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i have a question about my New 2DS XL.

I have a New 2DS XL with firmware 11.9.0 and i wan't to put a CFW on it. I use the 3DS guide and it tells this: Update to latest firmware or use an "All Versions" Method.

So i choose the all versions method and i picked the ntrboot method, but if i look up on youtube how to put CFW on it, it says that i need to use frogminer or fredminer is this right or can i just use the ntrboot method with a compatible flashcart?

I hope someone can help me we this answer.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi i have a question about my New 2DS XL.

I have a New 2DS XL with firmware 11.9.0 and i wan't to put a CFW on it. I use the 3DS guide and it tells this: Update to latest firmware or use an "All Versions" Method.

So i choose the all versions method and i picked the ntrboot method, but if i look up on youtube how to put CFW on it, it says that i need to use frogminer or fredminer is this right or can i just use the ntrboot method with a compatible flashcart?

I hope someone can help me we this answer.
Separate methods. (Don't mix videos and the written guide - stick with the written guide)
With ntrboot you have to buy a compatible flashcard if you don't already have one. Takes about 15 minutes to install cfw once you get it.
With Seedminer, you can update to latest firm and install cfw for free. This takes about 45min-1.5 hours, but you won't have to pay $20 and wait for chinese shipping of about two weeks. One advantage of ntrboot is you can play DS games well and hack multiple 3ds's if need be.

Last edited by zoogie,

FranticPyro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the quick response Zoogie and D34DL1N3R!

I already have a compatible flashcard with ntrboot, so i can continue with ntrboot on my new 2ds xl on firmware 11.9.0?

Last edited by FranticPyro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu