Hardware New 2019 Switch battery

iKing_PR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the first version of N.Switch and was wondering if I can get the newest battery from the newest version of the switch and upgrade it for an better battery life?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure it's the processor that is more efficient, hence the battery gains. The battery itself isn't much different from the boh standard battery

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

iKing_PR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it's the processor that is more efficient, hence the battery gains. The battery itself isn't much different from the boh standard battery
In other words it would be a waste of time upgrading it :/

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that said, if your switch is 2 years old it may benefit from simply getting another OG battery since your current one has likely aged a bit.

WadsRUs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just for clarity:

The old Switch uses a 4310 mAh battery

The new revision uses a 4310 mAh battery

Both are exactly the same capacity and exactly the same size.

The increased battery life is as a result of replacing the main CPU with one that is far more power efficient. The batteries are the same

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All that said, if your switch is 2 years old it may benefit from simply getting another OG battery since your current one has likely aged a bit.
Honestly, I don't think it should matter, unless you used your switch from %100 to %0

The switch actually has really good battery management, so unless you use it intensively in battery mode, it should be fine for atleast four/five years.

Just for clarity:

The old Switch uses a 4310 mAh battery

The new revision uses a 4310 mAh battery

Both are exactly the same capacity and exactly the same size.

The increased battery life is as a result of replacing the main CPU with one that is far more power efficient. The batteries are the same
Huh didn't know that, so that means that the Switch lite will actually have less battery life then?

It's battery characteristics are 3v8 3570mAh 13.6W

Source (ffc)

So the switch lite will actually have less battery time than the new switch.

upload_2019-8-6_8-45-29.png

There's a video floating around somewhere about the new switch playing Botw for five hours continuously, I guess it will still be a step up if the switch lite actually plays botw for 4 hours instead of three.

Reactions: x65943

iKing_PR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also does this new revision also was made to block atmosphere sx os and other cfw stuff? or it doesnt matter to get a new Lite switch in an near future?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now only hope would be that the revision somehow comes with 7.x firmware or lower, that could be deja vu'd in the future. Still haven't found anyone talking about what version comes out of the box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu